What is this connection for ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all
I have a replacement 8.4 uconnect radio, I’m wondering what this connection is circled in red on new radio it’s not present. Truck is ‘18 Big Horn CC. I want to get this done sooner than soon, other radio had the delaminating plague issue

Attachments

• IMG_3190.jpeg
    IMG_3190.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 24

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all
I have a replacement 8.4 uconnect radio, I’m wondering what this connection is circled in red on new radio it’s not present. Truck is ‘18 Big Horn CC. I want to get this done sooner than soon, other radio had the delaminating plague issue
It is not used on your truck.

OP
OP
yogibear18

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks , but why did have a male pin connection on the old radio and I had to disconnect it to remove the radio, still like to know what it’s used for if you could tell me

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks , but why did have a male pin connection on the old radio and I had to disconnect it to remove the radio, still like to know what it’s used for if you could tell me
Assuming it came out of a different model/brand. I "think" it's for video processing of a 360 camera system but I'm not positive. Do you know the year/make/model it came from?

OP
OP
yogibear18

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Radio is brand new ordered without the connection from dealership not pictured,other is what was in truck in picture , I assume it came with it and it’s on window sticker and build sheet when I look it up, never known an 2018 to have a 360 degree viewing camera, when it was in truck just backup camera if wondering, worked but ghosting on me so that’s why ordered a new one

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Radio is brand new ordered without the connection from dealership not pictured,other is what was in truck in picture , I assume it came with it and it’s on window sticker and build sheet when I look it up, never known an 2018 to have a 360 degree viewing camera, when it was in truck just backup camera if wondering, worked but ghosting on me so that’s why ordered a new one
Are you saying your old radio has that plug and your new one does not?

FYI, if delamination is your only issue on the old radio it's worth at least a couple hundred dollars still so don't toss it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I glanced around Google

the RA 3 & 4 radios
&
8.4 A & 8.4 AN infotainment systems

all use an assortment of FAKRA connectors

Last edited:
OP
OP
yogibear18

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put the new radio in all is good and no issues with any function I choose, the connector is a 12 pin configuration similar to main one, so I don’t think it’s a farka type connector, I’m still curious to know what it is used for, otherwise case closed and thanks for the suggestions