What Is This Dial?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin Taetsch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am confused as to what this dial actually does… Because it currently serves no purpose that I can actually see… I am assuming it handles the interior lights however if that is the case… Then it simply isn’t working.. Which is a bummer. Can someone chime in and let me know what this does in your truck before I make an appointment at my local service department.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and Im in a 2021 Laramie Night Edition. I’ve got only a couple hundred miles on the rig..

Attachments

• 1F1161F2-C542-416E-91AC-65373AD09CB4.jpeg
    1F1161F2-C542-416E-91AC-65373AD09CB4.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 14

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Owners Manuals are freaking awesome. I have a 2021 Laramie too, in 2500, mine says it adjusts the interior light brightness. You have to be in a very dark spot to see it but is actually does do that.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am confused as to what this dial actually does… Because it currently serves no purpose that I can actually see… I am assuming it handles the interior lights however if that is the case… Then it simply isn’t working.. Which is a bummer. Can someone chime in and let me know what this does in your truck before I make an appointment at my local service department.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and Im in a 2021 Laramie Night Edition. I’ve got only a couple hundred miles on the rig..
Owners Manuals are freaking awesome. I have a 2021 Laramie too, in 2500, mine says it adjusts the interior light brightness. You have to be in a very dark spot to see it but is actually does do that.

Is that for the ambient lighting? I have both in my longhorn as well but haven't touched them since I set things up initially.

If it is the switch for ambient lighting, I'm wondering if they installed the switch but not the lights. I recall seeing some unhappy people regarding their laramies not coming with ambient lighting (among other things) due to the shortages.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It adjusts the ambient lighting to include the "CUP" light,. I have a lowly Bighorn, but I still have the cup light which that switch controls brightness. Depending upon your trim level, the ambient may also turn on interior. On my truck, since lower trim does not.

INTERIOR LIGHTS
Courtesy Lights
Courtesy and dome lights are turned on when the front
doors are opened, the ambient dimmer control is rotated to
the highest detent, or the Illuminated Entry ON button is
pushed on the overhead console. Also, if your vehicle is
equipped with Remote Keyless Entry, and the unlock
button is pushed on the key fob, the courtesy and dome
lights will turn on.

dim1.JPG

OP
OP
D

Devin Taetsch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am fairly convinced after messing with the dial further that I did not receive all interior lights with my truck. Bummer..

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still have to figure out the Jeep. The interior lights dont come on at night when you open the door. Ill have to bust out the owners manual when I get it back tomorrow. It is supposed to control the interior lights, however I am not sure if it controls it when the doors are open or not. Wifes Pacifica before this didn't do that and it was a 19.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
On my 2021 Ram there is a switch on the overhead console that controls the lights coming on or not when u open the door. In the 2020 Grand Cherokee my wife has I am pretty sure that is under settings accessed on the uconnect.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok I believe I looked in lighting settings. Ours is the new one so not sure if the 2020 and 2021 L are the same. Ill go take a look at the rental one we have and see I can figure it out.