What is this for? A jack point?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 - SPORT, 4x4, Quad Cab, 6.4' Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Liter with MOPAR Cold Air Intake & Hood Scoop
Grand Mesa, there's already an "underride guard" for pickups; I use an adjustable hitch on mine and it's proven itself. I started doing it after a kid in his civic blasted under my '98 4x4, stock, up to the rear axle housing. Bent the leaf springs on both sides 90 degrees at the frame anchor points. Two years later a Camry didn't see traffic ahead of me stopped. Plowed into my backside and the hitch did what I put/left it there for, her front end wrapped around the hitch.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Hawk1775, glad that you found a bit of vehicle protection. Been hit 3 times myself in the back end while stopped at red lights and at a lowered RR gate crossing. All have been no damage to my 1978 pickup truck due it having a heavy gauge steel tube bumper which did damage to the other vehicles. Glad that I ripped the original bumper off while off road and replaced it with a much heavier one.

MedicDB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was curious about those too. mine is a 2011 and looks like the one on the 1st page. A buddy at work has a 2012 2500 (non Power Wagon) I looked at his and he has about 1/2 thick piece of steel bolted to his going from one side to the other (like a cross member). Mine does not have this cross over plate and is a taller truck since mine is a power wagon. That seems odd to me if the purpose is to keep it from climbing cars in an impact. Why would the shorter of the 2 trucks get a cross bar that would likely improve that function but not the taller truck?

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I was curious about those too. mine is a 2011 and looks like the one on the 1st page. A buddy at work has a 2012 2500 (non Power Wagon) I looked at his and he has about 1/2 thick piece of steel bolted to his going from one side to the other (like a cross member). Mine does not have this cross over plate and is a taller truck since mine is a power wagon. That seems odd to me if the purpose is to keep it from climbing cars in an impact. Why would the shorter of the 2 trucks get a cross bar that would likely improve that function but not the taller truck?

Strongly doubt what you’re describing is factory original. Almost sounds like part of a plow mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
I like to bang my head off of them when changing the oil. So far they are winning. But one day my head will be hard enough to dent them.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What amazes me is how these little cars can possibly MISS SEEING one of these power wagons from the rear!!! They are HUGE! Especially from down low at car level! But, I just got a 14500lb Safe Weigh 7"drop hitch, so maybe I should attach it and just leave it there! That ought to keep the "plastic fantastics" from crawling up under my truck and doing serious damage....to me! All bets are off for them!

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It can be removed. it is not for a snow plow as the power wagon is not available with the snow plow prep package. It is refered to as a compatibility beam. It is there to keep the truck from driving up over another car if you where to rearend some one smaller then you. they dig in to the car.