At what point is valve\lifter clatter a warranty issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually they won't for 2 reasons, warranty doesn't pay for tear down (if no problem is found) and warranty labor time is not very good. So unless you agree to pay for the pre inspection tear down, most won't do it.
if there is ANYTHING wrong with a vehicle that has a bumper to bumper warranty, the customer does NOT pay a cent.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if there is ANYTHING wrong with a vehicle that has a bumper to bumper warranty, the customer does NOT pay a cent.
True, but IS there anything wrong with it???
Also, there isn't any bumper to bumper warranty here to deal with.

BMiller541

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Apparently the 2019 Powerwagons have roller rockers. That's what the service advisor told me happened.
I found out a roller snapped off one of the rocker arms. It's now a warranty engine replacement (2,500 miles left in the engine warranty) because RAM doesn't want to cover a mechanic searching for a roller that is somewhere in the motor.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I found out a roller snapped off one of the rocker arms. It's now a warranty engine replacement (2,500 miles left in the engine warranty) because RAM doesn't want to cover a mechanic searching for a roller that is somewhere in the motor.

Again, It does not have roller rockers. There is no roller to snap off. It's a slipper foot design.
Screenshot_20231118_062041_Chrome.jpg

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I had some lifter noise at start up with the factory Mopar filter, if the truck sat for a few days. I switched to Fram Ultra and then it only happened once in a while if the truck sat for longer than a 2-3 weeks. Then I switched to Purlator Boss and it doesn't happen. I would try the Purlator Boss filter and see if it helps.

BMiller541

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Again, It does not have roller rockers. There is no roller to snap off. It's a slipper foot design.
View attachment 531966

You''re right! I had to educate myself on how they designed the valvetrain (weird design). After 3 months, got my Powerwagon back finally and it was the lifter roller. One snapped off, and the rest were football shaped. Brand new motor is in with another 50k mile warranty. Hopefully, that's the only issue I have while I own this truck.