What is this Plug? Need Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
C106 is the 4x4 indicator connector based on the manual posted. It connects the dash indicator to the TC switch. Not sure that is correct for the plug in question. C105 would make more sense because of the plug location. C105 is for fog lights.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
to be honest i did a bunch of searching trying to figure this out for the guy, also talked to my brother a mechanic of 10 years (worked at a dodge dealership for the first 4) and he didnt know either. so before you bash me for "not helping" know the facts, i also tryed google and nothing came up.

Thanks.
Proper communication of thoughts and actions helps greatly. You should try it sometime. :waytogo:
C106 is the 4x4 indicator connector based on the manual posted. It connects the dash indicator to the TC switch. Not sure that is correct for the plug in question. C105 would make more sense because of the plug location. C105 is for fog lights.
That's where I'm getting thrown because the OP and I both already have factory fog lights plugged in. The only thing I can think of is something for the factory snow plow package on the 2500s.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
That's where I'm getting thrown because the OP and I both already have factory fog lights plugged in. The only thing I can think of is something for the factory snow plow package on the 2500s.

I knew you would figure it out well done DD94

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mine isn't even a 2500 nor do I have the plow (lol a snow plow in Georgia. That's funny) and it has the plug.. weird I suppose.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You have to think plug and play, the wiring harness is set up that way. One generic harness that has all the needed plugs for any opt the truck gets. They don't make up a special harness just for opts.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yeah idk I figured 2500 might use a different harness. Question though. I may sound like an idiot, but I'm from the south and never see snow and such. Do the plows need to be heated ? Otherwise why is there a plug for it ??

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its either for the motor that moves the plow, or the headlight relocation lights. The plow will block the stock headlights.

OP
OP
99RamSport360

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
Sorry for causing such a fuss over this thread. I was just wondering if anyone happened to know what it was for. I also did some research all day today and did come to the conclusion that it had something to do with the snow plow. Finally found out from a friend who works a lot on these and he said that most of these 4x4's between 1998.5 and 2001 will have that plug. Like previously posted, used the same harness whether it had the plow package or not. Sorry for all of the stuff that didn't need to be in this but at least we figured it out.
Thanks for all of your guys' help.

OP
OP
99RamSport360

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
All figured out and mystery solved.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
:Rant:

why is this guy being such an ******... he knows what it is and wont say anything... RamForum is about helping people out... this guy needs to be banned....

:ban: :ban: :ban:

hey man, i can appreciate what you are saying, but i don't feel it applies in this case. I think you came into the tread late and didn't realize the interaction between these guys which wasn't merc225hp dicking them around, but more him helping them along into diagnosing it themselves. Yes some people might just want the answer when its urgent(which this wasn't), but in this thread they were enjoying the challenge. My thought is he was passing the knowledge of how to find answers to other members, which then later they can help other members.

Vancouver604

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Block heater adapter?

Whoops did not see that this was answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: