What it takes to make a SBE Ram run 10's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Kyle Tingle has a video on his truck and what it takes to make a SBE (stock bottem end ) Ram run 10 seconds.For most of you guys it'll open your eye's up to what you have to do to get a naturally aspirated 5.7 Ram into the 10's.Sam Reagans truck is noticably lighter then Kyles truck is to,it's missing even more steel,lol.

Facebook

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
:superhack:
Wow. That's a true drag truck now.

Sam Reagans truck is even lighter,lol. There's only box sides left to Sams truck,and i'm guessing Rick Spillmans truck is in the same catagory. Kyles truck is a loaded up Caddy compared to Sams truck,lol. All 3 are under 4,000lbs,takes some serious cutting to get a 4th gen down to those weights:superhack:Rumour mill says there might even be some chrome moly pieces in Sams frame,and you can bet they'll be using all the lightweight aluminium pieces like motor mounts etc from the 5th gen trucks

Last edited:

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
He really gutted the **** out it eh lol wow. The headlight bit gave me a chuckle, thats commitment haha

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
As long as you have no issue creating a truck that's virtually unsellable when your done with,there's still alot more they can do yet Andrew. I've built my share of toys over the years,but in the back of my mind i always kept the thought of how far can i cut this thing up,and still be able to sell it when i'm done with it.If you're not worried about selling it,or selling it for pennies on the dollar,you can go crazy on weight removal. We cut up a 78 Ford Courier way back in high school,the truck was actually new,but had been rolled so SGI wrote it off,and my buddies dad bought it for us to experiment on,lol. By the time we were done the only thing left of the cab was just enough floorboard to bolt a drivers seat to,and enough firewall to hold the steering column,as 16 year old kids we had a riot with that thing,up till another buddy was doing donuts with it and rolled it,and just about killed himself,after that it went back into the metal shop at high school and we fabbed up a rollbar.With the mighty 2.3 Pinto engine and 5 speed in the truck,it'd roast a set of M50's right through 3rd gear,and would beat alot of 340 Dusters to 90 mph.We never did weigh it,but i'd hazard a guess it didn't weigh anymore then 1300 lbs by the time we were done cutting,lol. One of the old Hotrod mags cut up an old 500 cube Caddy,and i think got it just about into the 11's by the time they were done,and another Mopar mag cut up an old 440 New Yorker and i think they did get it into the 11's,just by cutting weight off the cars,lol

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Kyle Tingle has a video on his truck and what it takes to make a SBE (stock bottem end ) Ram run 10 seconds.For most of you guys it'll open your eye's up to what you have to do to get a naturally aspirated 5.7 Ram into the 10's.Sam Reagans truck is noticably lighter then Kyles truck is to,it's missing even more steel,lol.

Facebook

Weren't people on there complaing because some these fast truck guys didn't what to give away what's all done to there trucks?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Weren't people on there complaing because some these fast truck guys didn't what to five away what's all done to there trucks?

Pretty much,lol. It's the Ram community,there's always some idiot who's gonna whine and complain. Kudo's out to Kyle for actually making a video ,but i think he was starting to feel some heat from his customers.Guys were buying all the same parts as he is selling and has on his truck,but weren't running anywhere near as fast as his truck is , after they'd spent mega bucks buying the same parts.So i think there might have been a little pressure by his customers. The top 3 trucks haven't gained anymore power since late last fall,but have gotten several tenths quicker,kind of gives you an idea of how much steel they've cut out of the trucks.They're pretty well unsellable except as a race truck,as none of the top N/A trucks will pass an insurance inspection,and are basically trailer queens now.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Pretty much,lol. It's the Ram community,there's always some idiot who's gonna whine and complain. Kudo's out to Kyle for actually making a video ,but i think he was starting to feel some heat from his customers.Guys were buying all the same parts as he is selling and has on his truck,but weren't running anywhere near as fast as his truck is , after they'd spent mega bucks buying the same parts.So i think there might have been a little pressure by his customers. The top 3 trucks haven't gained anymore power since late last fall,but have gotten several tenths quicker,kind of gives you an idea of how much steel they've cut out of the trucks.They're pretty well unsellable except as a race truck,as none of the top N/A trucks will pass an insurance inspection,and are basically trailer queens now.

Yup, that's why I never got the point of all street vehicle turned into a drag one. Maybe It's because I don't have the disposable income to do stuff like that. haha
It's like, awesome you run 10s. That's really good, but it's not a legal """"street truck"""". Can't use any of that power on the street anyways.

It would nice to see that thing run in person though.