What price should I expect to pay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I am going look at this truck for the 5th time. I have been looking at it since Ram Truck month. it is a demo and by the time I would purchase it, would 5800miles on it. They are telling me unlike the GMC my warranty would only go to 36k miles. GMC starts from mileage at date of purchase when buying a demo. My issue with this is that everything that has gone wrong with my 2016 is BS electrical items. LEd taillight $300. I need a new overhead console because of bad LED lights (this will be 4th one) $150 to $180 each time. Homelink twice... What should I expect to pay for this truck? Thanks!
https://www.mussonpatoutcdjr.com/vehicle-details/new-2019-ram-1500-longhorn-1C6SRFKT2KN506502
https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFKT2KN506502
I know it has been on the lot for at least 90 days after demo use.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Offer $48k OTD.....good place to start on a demo IMHO.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
It's a used truck so price it accordingly. Don't let them try to tell you a demo is better than a used truck. Demo's are like rentals. People drive the chit outta them so see what they'll do then buy a different truck. Demo's also have a tendency to have door dings, scratches and spills inside because the dealers regularly use them for their own business. That being said, at 5800 miles, the bugs might be worked out.

KBB shows a truck like that as selling from a dealer between $46k & $52k so @Graygoose is probably pretty close with $48k, but I would low-ball myself. If you start at $48k you're probably not gonna pay $48k, but if you start at $45k you might get it for $48k.

https://www.kbb.com/ram/1500-crew-c...&mileage=6000&pricetype=retail&condition=good

rws1944

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In June of this year I purchased a used 2019 1500 limited with 4.8k miles for $48K. MSRP was $66k, dealer was asking $55K. I would start at $45k but pay no more than $48k. 2020 are here and the dealers need to clear out the 2019's. You can purchase extended warranties from the dealer but make sure you look at the prices offered on the web first.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Vehicle in service date is June of 2018. They told me warranty starts from June 2018. Granted selling it a new truck becasue it wasn't titled.
The lowest they came was $50k for truck. Chevy and GMC dealerships offered me $2k more on trade and way more off sticker price for a NEW, New vehicle.
I was walking away once, even if they offered $48k. I let them pull my credit because they said they had to finance through Chrysler to get incentives. They know my credit is impeccable and have made no effort to try and close the deal. To lazy to even figure out taxes and tag costs. I guess I will just buy in Hoston next time I go, screw supporting local.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealership told me that the in service date doesn't start until the truck is registered..... so if it's never been registered and they are just running dealer plates it should have a full warranty. My truck had 580 miles on it when I bought it and it was a new 14 that I bought in late 15. My warranty was to 36,580 miles and 3 years from the date I bought it.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Given your history of problems, why would you try to save a few thousand bucks on a used vehicle? The price difference, especially if you are financing this, is going to be virtually nothing. Personally, if I was paying $50k or almost $50k for a new vehicle, I want one that hasn't had anyone else's ass in it.

I look at it this way: if I can afford $50k I can afford $52k or $55k. If I can't afford $55k I can't afford $50k. The numbers are just too close together any way you look at it, it's like 5-10% of the total cost of the truck.

Larry Wald

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a used 2019 Limited for 48k. The price was 48k but that's after they loaded on the fees, which they won't tell you about up front, the actual price I negotiated was 46,500 + fees. Ask what the fees are before you settle on a price. All dealers have to add a doc fee which is non-negotiable but all the other fees are. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Look up online what the average doc fee is in your state. And DON'T buy the extended warranty, they will try hard to convince you that you need it but don't fall for the sale pitch. Good luck