What sort of tales do your mileage meters tell you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GORDONS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a solid bit of data because it's the first tank on my truck, but the program that updates real time in the dash display showed 16.9mpg while an actual comparison of miles traveled vs fuel added shows 14.7mpg. Truck only had 30 miles when the dealership filled it up, at 377 it took 23.5 gals. Giving it credit for the total miles gets it up to 16mpg, closer, but again this is just its first tank and I don't know the entire fuel story leading up.

So, for those who keep track of gallons in and miles out, how do your numbers compare against what your truck's computers are telling you?

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine indicates .5-.7 higher than actual, typically.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I take what mine says and multiply it by .9. Then it's pretty close.

I think the Tuners (guys) could fix it. But I guess there's no money in it. Most Ram owners don't want to deal with the truth anyway.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When your mileage reaches about 700 miles, maybe a bit more, you will notice better mileage

Sometime between May 1st & June 1st, the gas stations fuel tanks will be switching over to Summer Blend gasoline & gas prices will jump by as much as 50 cents

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Sometime between May 1st & June 1st, the gas stations fuel tanks will be switching over to Summer Blend gasoline & gas prices will jump by as much as 50 cents

It's already jumped a dollar since November around here......

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's already jumped a dollar since November around here......
November what? Ha! I have never calculated my truck. Just gone by the display. I do know that when I did the level, wheels, and bigger tires, my yearly Florida trip when down by almost 5 miles per gallon lol but hey, that’s a once a year trip and I run premium with a can of sea foam in it on the way down. My truck has never had less than mid grade in it either. I fill up once every three weeks or so since I’m blessed with a work car and my gym is 1.5 miles away.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
There's a definite connection between the gas pedal, and the fuel gauge :cool:.

The more you step on it, the faster it does down :waytogo:

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I have been keeping track of mine both ways for quite awhile. It is typically about .7 or so under what the EVIC reads but there was a couple of times when my actual was higher than my EVIC read.