What tires are you running....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Duratracs just rolled into stock man! I had my 35's on order for almost 3 months. I bought them at Canadian tire!

Just ordered a set of Duratracs, 275 60 20.

Got them for $1050CAD tax in, price basically on par or cheaper than most US sites I checked.

Can’t wait to get them installed and try them in some good old Canadian snow.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Just ordered a set of Duratracs, 275 60 20.

Got them for $1050CAD tax in, price basically on par or cheaper than most US sites I checked.

Can’t wait to get them installed and try them in some good old Canadian snow.
Sounds like you snagged the sale price! Haha these tires are amazing man, I pulled a 25' trailer up and down 10% grades last week with the roads completely snow and slush covered. Didn't slip once!

RamCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sounds like you snagged the sale price! Haha these tires are amazing man, I pulled a 25' trailer up and down 10% grades last week with the roads completely snow and slush covered. Didn't slip once!

I sure did! Lots of positive reviews, love the aggressive look to them as well.

09TRX4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is standard load rating alright for our trucks? Most the tires I see at stock 275/60 only have a standard load rating.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
By the dealer/industry standards, for 1500's P rated tires are acceptable. When I had my 1/2 ton, I found the P rated SRA's very spongy and they flexed a lot when I put my trailer on the hitch. I'm not sure how they rate the new 1500's for towing ~10,000lbs and equip them with the P rated tires still.

Most here including myself recommend when you change your tires, step up to an LT rated tire. You don't need E rated tires for your 1/2 ton, but the LT is a much more ridged and durable tire that'll better handle the load you're likely to subject your truck to during ownership.

If you are only using your truck as a family hauler (aka Car), then ya, you don't "NEED" more than a P rated tire... I wouldn't carry my family on a P equipped truck however.

Last edited:

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put a set of Toyo Open Country A/T II's sized at 275/65/20 on stock '12 Sport wheels awhile back, I run these in the winter and Copper Discoverer HP Plus in the stock size in the summer and I really couldn't be happier with either tire. The Toyo's are by far the most capable tire I've ever run...I don't get stuck...ever. From muddy hunting fields or snow covered mountain dirt roads, I feel secure.

I decided to run a separate summer setup to get better mileage on long summer trips and I'm really happy with this setup.

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to post after installing 275 65 20 Duratracs. Check the difference between them and stock!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428879776.841725.jpg

I put on a HBS 2.5 level and I have Airlift 1000s
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428879849.394039.jpg

So far love these tires. Awesome traction in the snow which is a must since I ride my sled about 3.5 hrs away. Did notice a slight decrease in gas mileage (about 2 mph) but its worth it. Slight hum on pavement but nothing major. One of my friends has the Toyo AT2s in 35s and the other Toyo MTs , the AT2s are slightly louder and the MTs are hella loud. As an added bonus I think the DuraTracs look the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are all great choices...but most seem for a 4x4 type of truck, not a Sport CC 2WD. If I wanted to ditch the Goodyears to a better performing tire that see's 99% road (maybe dirt at the fields, or parking lots, or contruction sites), what do people go with. I'm somewhat OK with a AT type tire but if I'm looking for wet/dry performance, sound isolation, and maintain my mileage, than what? I've noticed my Goodyears snatch in rain, whereas my wife's Charger with Firestones grip like snot in your hand. Any recommendations???

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not the greatest pic..........285/65/20 BFG KO2's, love them so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 482

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I think most respectable AT tires will work well for you. I know I'm not a hard core anything with regard for driving style or need and my Terragraps have worked excellent, giving good wet/dry/snow/ice performance in Calgary. You'll probably find a brand that suites your pocketbook and preferred image that'll work for you... my preferred brand of course is nitto/toyo for reasons already shared. You might be a bfg type, or some other brand.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2