What Upper A Arm should I get for 04 1500 4WD 5.7? Aluminum ? Steel? OEM or after market?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boots are starting to rip on my OEM Upper A Arm, I believe they are original, Should I replace with factory? I see prices are all over the place and some are Aluminum and some are steel, Some after markets list a left and right and OEM lists one part number for both sides.

I am thinking OEM but I am open to suggestions. I do not have a lift kit. The Ball joint is still tight but eventually they are going to fail.

Thanks

Ron Boggio

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I just did a front end rebuild two weeks ago on a 2006 1500. The owner wanted me to use the "Detroit Axel" kit on amazon. I was really skeptical. I did a little research, and its a mixed bag of good to bad. The price was really in the cringe area for me, however the old adage "you get what you pay for" is not holding true so much anymore for common parts. They are made in china. I protested but the owner won. I must give credit were credit is do. All the parts are steel powder coated and the fit was very good to excellent. I would say actually better then some of the more common aftermarket brand names (they are made in china too). If all the individual wrapped packages did not have a sticker stating they were made in china I would not have suspected it. The upper control arms i.e. ball joints do not have zerk fittings, they are sealed. All the rest of the parts including the sway bar links do. The really test will be in longevity proving durability however that will take a while to proof out. Not saying go with them, however don't be so quick to overlook them as I was initially. The OEMs priced out macdaddy crazy, the lower ball joint was $120 and the upper arm was $190 each.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had the Mevotechs since my
Lift was installed roughly 5 years. I reached out to Spence and let him know I was very interested in these arms. He said he would be making updates via social media.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01