What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, regardless, Drive it and Enjoy It

HPjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I would tell him to give you the new 2019 for the same money as compensation

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I finally got the vin and build status (kz) from my dealer for my '19 classic, great right?

Well I pulled the build sheet and window sticker and it's missing 3.92's, hitch, and electronic convenience package.

FML

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer but I'm trying to decide what to do. Pretty sure it's too late to put in another order, but who knows what FCA is going to do with the classics, especially rcsb.

The hitch isn't a big deal, curt and drawtite have higher tongue ratings and I might go hidden / rollpan anyway.

Gears/cluster/8.4 on the other hand aren't cheap to swap.

I wasn't there when they submitted the order so I don't know who's fault it is. They were going to try and get a truck from another dealer but it was already spoken for so they placed an order the next day. I was under the impression they ordered an identical truck but in white since I signed financing paperwork based on that truck they were going to try and get.

I don't know if I want to just accept the truck and have them knock the difference off, or have them pay for things that I was going to have to pay for out-of-pocket like a tonneau cover and bed liner and live with the missing options.

OR if they can put in another order wait an extra three or four weeks on top of the month I've already been waiting.

Ugh.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

I read through the posts. You've done business with this dealer and they've messed you up twice!

You need to ask yourself if you'll be happy with a truck later on that isn't what you really wanted. My only suggestion is to maybe start walking the lots of one of their competitors and see if something comes close.

Good luck and best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 May 2018. Now at 017934 miles.