What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I finally got the vin and build status (kz) from my dealer for my '19 classic, great right?

Well I pulled the build sheet and window sticker and it's missing 3.92's, hitch, and electronic convenience package.

FML

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer but I'm trying to decide what to do. Pretty sure it's too late to put in another order, but who knows what FCA is going to do with the classics, especially rcsb.

The hitch isn't a big deal, curt and drawtite have higher tongue ratings and I might go hidden / rollpan anyway.

Gears/cluster/8.4 on the other hand aren't cheap to swap.

I wasn't there when they submitted the order so I don't know who's fault it is. They were going to try and get a truck from another dealer but it was already spoken for so they placed an order the next day. I was under the impression they ordered an identical truck but in white since I signed financing paperwork based on that truck they were going to try and get.

I don't know if I want to just accept the truck and have them knock the difference off, or have them pay for things that I was going to have to pay for out-of-pocket like a tonneau cover and bed liner and live with the missing options.

OR if they can put in another order wait an extra three or four weeks on top of the month I've already been waiting.

Ugh.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd wait the extra month. Frustrating now, but you'll end up with the truck you want. If you give in and take it as is, you'll be frustrated for a lot longer than a month...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
desync0

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd wait the extra month. Frustrating now, but you'll end up with the truck you want. If you give in and take it as is, you'll be frustrated for a lot longer than a month...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That's my dilemma last week when I talked to the salesman he said they got the order in a week and a half before cut off and that was a month ago.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well, here’s my story.

I’m also at fault for trusting the dealer....

When I purchased my 2016 SLT 1500 the dealer had it in stock already and was not custom ordered.

Anyways, at the time I had a bass boat and wanted the max towing i could get especially since it was a 3.6L.

I emailed the sales guy and asked specifically what the gear ratio was on the exact truck I was buying. I included the VIN so there was NO confusion.

He’s reply was “all models equipped with optional 20” wheels come with 3:55’s”. I had it all in emails.

Anyways, get the truck home a few days later and decide to look under and see it’s 3:21. I essentially lost about 3000#’s of towing because of that from what I recall.

They basically told me to **** myself and offered a $500 gift card towards mopar ****. Out of principle I declined and instead will NEVER recommend that dealer and I tell people about my experience to maybe let people know that shady **** that they do.

That REALLY pissed me off and my lack of faith in dealers and sales reps was further diminished.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Don't settle! Buyers remorse is the worst..

If it were small items I'd just pay what the truck came with and slap my own stuff in it, but gears and ECP are high on my list of wants.. So I'd walk away

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finally got the vin and build status (kz) from my dealer for my '19 classic, great right?

Well I pulled the build sheet and window sticker and it's missing 3.92's, hitch, and electronic convenience package.

FML

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer but I'm trying to decide what to do. Pretty sure it's too late to put in another order, but who knows what FCA is going to do with the classics, especially rcsb.

The hitch isn't a big deal, curt and drawtite have higher tongue ratings and I might go hidden / rollpan anyway.

Gears/cluster/8.4 on the other hand aren't cheap to swap.

I wasn't there when they submitted the order so I don't know who's fault it is. They were going to try and get a truck from another dealer but it was already spoken for so they placed an order the next day. I was under the impression they ordered an identical truck but in white since I signed financing paperwork based on that truck they were going to try and get.

I don't know if I want to just accept the truck and have them knock the difference off, or have them pay for things that I was going to have to pay for out-of-pocket like a tonneau cover and bed liner and live with the missing options.

OR if they can put in another order wait an extra three or four weeks on top of the month I've already been waiting.

Ugh.

GET the truck U want, or U will be kicking yerself in the backside, but IMHO. U could go and dicker and get U a 2019 5th Gen, set up with what U want and work out a deal ref price and such, maybe that be the route, maybe even get a higher trim also and some more bling for the same price U were going to pay. But bottom line is, buy what U want, not the BS they trying to hand to you. But than I's a Boird, and where I am in my life, I take no BS off of ne body, just saying...

T-Bird

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't settle! Buyers remorse is the worst..

If it were small items I'd just pay what the truck came with and slap my own stuff in it, but gears and ECP are high on my list of wants.. So I'd walk away

Love the black out, that is the only regret I have ref my truck. But on the other side, it gets real HOT here in TX, and that Black, U could cook eggs on the hood, just saying...
added: And I got a good deal, with rebates, and trade up, I only paid $12,500 for a 2019 truck, just saying...

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Love the black out, that is the only regret I have ref my truck. But on the other side, it gets real HOT here in TX, and that Black, U could cook eggs on the hood, just saying...
added: And I got a good deal, with rebates, and trade up, I only paid $12,500 for a 2019 truck, just saying...

Thanks! I grew up in Orlando FL, so I'm familiar with that kind of heat LOL. It's not nearly as bad in northern VA. I originally wanted another white RAM, but my wife talked me into the blackout edition. It grew on me

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, here’s my story.

I’m also at fault for trusting the dealer....

When I purchased my 2016 SLT 1500 the dealer had it in stock already and was not custom ordered.

Anyways, at the time I had a bass boat and wanted the max towing i could get especially since it was a 3.6L.

I emailed the sales guy and asked specifically what the gear ratio was on the exact truck I was buying. I included the VIN so there was NO confusion.

He’s reply was “all models equipped with optional 20” wheels come with 3:55’s”. I had it all in emails.

Anyways, get the truck home a few days later and decide to look under and see it’s 3:21. I essentially lost about 3000#’s of towing because of that from what I recall.

They basically told me to **** myself and offered a $500 gift card towards mopar ****. Out of principle I declined and instead will NEVER recommend that dealer and I tell people about my experience to maybe let people know that shady **** that they do.

That REALLY pissed me off and my lack of faith in dealers and sales reps was further diminished.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

And that dealer would be who and where? No better place to accomplish your goal than the internet, hopefully save someone else the trouble in the future. It hurts me to hear of so many people trusting the dealer and then being effected by it during their ownership, especially when it's something as egregious as this. Salesman just say whatever you want to hear, and to sell whatever is on the lot, never take their word for anything! Especially with the internet/carfax/ build sheets, no reason at all to trust what they say, just do your own homework.

That being said, how has your truck handled the towing situation? Still doable but I assume would be better with different gears?

Also, to Op, I would hold out for the right truck. I agree with others, get the one you want the first time. I could see doing some minor upgrades but the gear swap especially is a deal breaker for me.

OP
OP
desync0

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess backing out would be an option, I'd lose my deposit but that was only $500.

But I'll never find what I want on a used lot, rcsb trucks are rare in Ontario and used truck prices are trash, I only paid $4k more to order this truck new then they were asking for a 4 year old truck I was originally looking at lol

Still waiting for the sales guy to call me back to see what their side is.

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I guess backing out would be an option, I'd lose my deposit but that was only $500.

But I'll never find what I want on a used lot, rcsb trucks are rare in Ontario and used truck prices are trash, I only paid $4k more to order this truck new then they were asking for a 4 year old truck I was originally looking at lol

Well you wont lose your deposit if they didnt order the correct truck/specs!

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the black and Chrome Laramie with 321. Well the chrome is growing on me but still regret 321 I need a vehicle bad so well I bought off the lot. And still I got a great price but when it come to it I should have waited for a different one and on mine too is black and in Canada. Still get hot in the truck. Thank gosh for remote start

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Why wouldn't they refund your deposit ?

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Oh I know in Ontario a good used Dodge Ram is harder to fine then a penny in your change

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

I don't know about Canada but here you can walk away and get your money back even after the truck is delivered if you change your mind.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

How can you lose your deposit when they didn't fulfill your contract?They owe you!

OP
OP
desync0

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First time ordering a truck, I thought the whole point of it was so they had something if you walked away lol

Either way sales guy called backed, it's too late to order another 19, they're going to knock off the difference plus some and I asked them to have the bed liner done as well.

There's only a 550lb difference in payload/towing for regular cabs so I live with the gears since it's an 8 speed.

Basically ****** communication happened, he went off the list of must haves he wrote down while I was in the office so he could look for a truck on a lot somewhere, but when they couldn't do a dealer trade for a truck they ordered one the next day but forgot to check off gears. On top of that I had assumed (ya ya ya) that they ordered an identical truck to the one they were trying to dealer trade, just in white.

So they ****** up not ordering gears, I ****** up assuming.

Either way trucks on a train now and I found a 7" EVIC for $200cdn lol

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First time ordering a truck, I thought the whole point of it was so they had something if you walked away lol

Either way sales guy called backed, it's too late to order another 19, they're going to knock off the difference plus some and I asked them to have the bed liner done as well.

There's only a 550lb difference in payload/towing for regular cabs so I live with the gears since it's an 8 speed.

Basically ****** communication happened, he went off the list of must haves he wrote down while I was in the office so he could look for a truck on a lot somewhere, but when they couldn't do a dealer trade for a truck they ordered one the next day but forgot to check off gears. On top of that I had assumed (ya ya ya) that they ordered an identical truck to the one they were trying to dealer trade, just in white.

So they ****** up not ordering gears, I ****** up assuming.

Either way trucks on a train now and I found a 7" EVIC for $200cdn lol
You're going to have a great new truck.As far as gears go ,I have an 8 speed with 3:21 gears an it's just great.Enjoy the truck, best of luck with it, and drive safely

Last edited: