Whats the best chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deerthug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Everyone! I'm new here and I need some serious help from Ram owners with chips.

I'm looking for a chip that will give me better shifting and better fuel economy - if that can be achieve at all in the same chip.

I only drive the truck now once every week at most but when I drive it I want to enjoy driving it and not worry about stopping a gas pump every 200 miles.

I'm getting about 10.5 average city/hwy.

I have a KN cold air intake and think a chip might compliment it. I still have the original exhaust and it is still in great shape so i don't want to replace it unless I have to.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Best thing for you is going to be the Superchips Flashpaq. This unit is only $329, is easy to use, and is going to give you a nice bump in power, mileage, and shift firmness. It is 1 of the best upgrades you can do to your truck.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I agree, don't waste your money on one of those "chips"

OP
OP
deerthug

deerthug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I'll check into it!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Matt has you going the right way, also what gears are in your truck at the moment? Turning those 37's rob power and gears will help give it back.