Wheels & Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

001fireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just purchased a used set of Hostile wheels with 35/12.5 r20's. This is the first time buying aftermarket wheels so kinda new to this. The person selling had them on a truck identical to mine. Said his was leveled and the tires scrubbed a little. His little and mine are different for sure. Long story short found out the wheels I purchased have a -44 offset. Without doing a lot of modifications (cutting my fender well and fender flares) is there anything I can do to make these wheels and tires work or do I need to cut my loses and sell them?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd try a 2.5" leveling kit and you could add some wheel spacers as well to move the tire/wheel outwards a bit to avoid rubbing inside.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your truck leveled?.....

With a 4" lift they would work and look better

I personally wouldn't want a - 44 wheel on a truck that wasn't lifted
Even if it fit

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Well, wheels are generally a LOT more expensive than tires... I have 20x12s with a -44 offset and I have only the slightest rub at full crank.

If you like the wheels, either get smaller tires, or if you gotta have the mudrunner look, you gotta get a lift.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the logic of getting new wheels and tires and then just selling them. You must have bought the wheels from the guy on the spur of the moment and got a sweet deal, huh?

(Edit: I see now you said you're new to this. My bad. Call it a lesson learned. Research before you buy.)

OP
OP

001fireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks to everyone for the replies, keep em coming!
My truck was already leveled when I purchased it but from what I can tell it has a 2" kit on the front.
Yes it was a spur of the moment purchase. I guess I should think or research a little before doing these spur of the moment things.