When does ordering close for 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, 4X4, Sport and Tow packages.
I'd like to get a 2024 with the 5.7 and 3.92 gears with either the 'night' package or body color matched (not chrome). Most likely a Bighorn in the low to mid $60K range. Looking online, looks like slim pickings at the moment. I will likely be buying at the very end of 2024.

I spoke with a salesman at my local dealer. He said last time to order a 2024 will likely be around June or July. That's around the time they expect the 2025 to come out. Sounds like that could be cutting it a bit close. Is there an official date somewhere? Or does it vary each year?

I don't really want a 2025 because that will be the first year of the new I6 Turbo. It will probably be ok, but figure first gen anything is a bad idea. I usually like to get a vehicle when it's 2 or 3+ years into it's model.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Sorry to inform you, but I believe ordering a 2024 ended the beginning of Dec 2023. I just got mine about a week before that. You'll have to find one on the lot somewhere. Unless there is still one being built?

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to inform you, but I believe ordering a 2024 ended the beginning of Dec 2023. I just got mine about a week before that. You'll have to find one on the lot somewhere. Unless there is still one being built?

Figured the info he gave me didn't sound correct. Sounds like it might be hard to find a 2024 I like by the end of the year. Might end up buying a used one.

For the I6 turbo they're putting in the 2025, has it been used on other vehicles in the past? Or will this be the first time it's being used?

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured the info he gave me didn't sound correct. Sounds like it might be hard to find a 2024 I like by the end of the year. Might end up buying a used one.

For the I6 turbo they're putting in the 2025, has it been used on other vehicles in the past? Or will this be the first time it's being used?
It has been used in the jeep Waggoner I believe, and maybe some others.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sorry to inform you, but I believe ordering a 2024 ended the beginning of Dec 2023.
I believe your correct, remember reading a while back someone posting that ordering anything with a Hemi was already allotted for the '24 model year.
Also sounds like the '25 are rolling out early with them potentially arriving in/by the second quarter. Typically the model year change happens August/September.

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe your correct, remember reading a while back someone posting that ordering anything with a Hemi was already allotted for the '24 model year.
Also sounds like the '25 are rolling out early with them potentially arriving in/by the second quarter. Typically the model year change happens August/September.

Ugh! That's probably also bad news. If the '25's are early, probably means most of the '24 will be gone by the end of the year. So might be looking for a used one if I want the 5.7.

I guess if there's a bright side, hopefully we will know if there are any major issues with the '25 I6 Turbo by then.

OP
OP
suicideking

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has been used in the jeep Waggoner I believe, and maybe some others.

Well at least it's in use. Though I don't see many Wagoneer's on the road. Hopefully enough are on the road to figure out if there are any major issues.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Check DONLEN Fleet website, under Resources for Build Updates

Most years, MAY is the last month to place an order at a Dealership
Fleet Orders may be in April for last orders

Auto Manufacturers TARGET Dates
July 1st is the beginning of the Production Year
June 30 is the end of the Production Year

First Ram should be at the dealership by October 1

Ram has missed the target dates for 4 years

This year, i have a feeling, that you will see 2025 Rams soon ????

commander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just picked up on Monday, a Limited Crew Cab, 5.7 with 4 x 4, and Ram Boxes, traded in my 2016 Crew Cab 5.7 2 x 4 So far, truck is great!

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I believe the ordering has closed for most 2024 Ram 1500’s. You’re more than likely going to have to search for a new one that’s one the lot. That, or let a dealership know what you’re looking for and they can keep an eye out as well. I don’t think dealerships can see what other dealerships have on order, but might want to look into that as well. Best of luck finding the truck you want!

Adam

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased a 2024 Rebel GT. Could not find the one I really wanted on a lot within 1K miles of me so was gonna order. 3 dealerships told me they were not allowed to order anymore 2024 Rams.

Purchased one that had been on a lot since 10/23. Wasn’t the color I wanted, but had everything else on my must have list.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357