Where You Taking Your Ram In 2021 ? (Trips/Adventures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This Spring, probably late May, a bunch of friends from the neighborhood are trailering our jet skis from Pensacola to Miami, then taking the skis over to Bimini. Will be my first trip pulling a trailer with the Ram and my first long distance jetski trip in open water.

You are alot braver that I am.

I wish you calm seas and safe travel.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wish I wasn’t in south Florida. I’m so far away from all the good places

I hear you. I would love for it to be like it was 30 or 40 years ago. Getting to be too much of a rat race, and losing it's old-school charm.

Last edited:

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
You are alot braver that I am.

I wish you calm seas and safe travel.

I am actually more worried about towing my SeaDoo all the way down to Miami on the Interstate than I am about the trip across to Bimini.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Vaccines should be readily available to the general public soon. I get my second shot of Moderna next week and then I'm GTG.

Got my #2 yesterday.
Planning to pull the TT north in May sometime and spending 1 month in CT near family, then hauling it west to Glacier NP. Then work our way back to Florida.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We'll be dragging the travel trailer to plenty of local camp grounds. Going to at least one Carlisle National car show. Not sure if it's going to be All Trucks or All Chrysler. Going to try for Lancaster PA again. Didn't make it last year.

Last edited:

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hopefully our trip to NC in May will be a go, then would like to drive to the Port Huron, MI area in Mid-summer to see family. Would like to go to Niagra Falls, CN again IF the border is open

Last edited:

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just drove WI to Maine for family emergency. Now running around Peru, ME hauling a UHaul trailer to storage facilities and the dump. Looking like, we will be heading back in a snow storm. Rest of 21 should be quiet for the truck as I hope to be on the motorcycle for any other long distance travel.20210130_100542.jpg

OP
OP
Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Getting ready for a cross country trip on my Ram. LA to Flagstaff to Albuquerque to Austin to New Orleans to Tampa and Back. I just added a Prinsu roof rack. Taking the entire family, Two furry beasts and the wife's bunny.

I've been to all those places. Sounds like a great trip!

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Other than the construction type roof racks, I don't believe I've ever seen a roof rack with personal stuff on a pick-up. You must be bringing a lot of stuff!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
We are doing a trip to south Texas, San Padre Island, Big Bend National Park and New Mexico. Leaving in a couple of weeks.

Getting ready for a cross country trip on my Ram. LA to Flagstaff to Albuquerque to Austin to New Orleans to Tampa and Back. I just added a Prinsu roof rack. Taking the entire family, Two furry beasts and the wife's bunny.

Just as a heads up, New Mexico sucks right now due to draconian COVID restrictions. See: https://cv.nmhealth.org/travel-recommendations/

Non-compliant individuals are subject to involuntary quarantine by the New Mexico Department of Health under the Public Health Emergency Response Act

and

The Department of Health, under the provisions of this law, may issue civil administrative penalties of up to $5,000 a day per violation of an emergency public health order.

It's one of those things that's unlikely to be an issue if you ignore it, but unlikely isn't impossible. Add in the various closures (no indoor dining, 25% capacity for outdoor dining, close by 2100 if you sell alcohol) and I cancelled my last trip there and went to Florida instead.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) Driveway
2) Driveway
3) HEB, Walmart, Vet, Feed Store, ACE, TSC
4) Local place to get hay

1-4 all Local, 5 miles or less.

5) Austin, need Biometrics done and sent to a Federal Agency for a Federal License.
6) North Austin, end of 2021, meet with friend say Texas Roadhouse (if they ever get this pandemic stuff under control where it is safe).

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NEW MEXICO

Crossed NM four times last nine months. I-10 May, June and Dec 2020. I-40 Jan 2021.

Two had over night hotel stays. No touristy stuff.

Never wore a mask. Never asked to wear a mask. Cracked me up. Gallop, NM McDougle's had a sign asking drive through customers to where a mask. Just can't make this crap up.

MOST every where I stopped, gas, eateries, rest areas and a couple hotels, many without masks.

Science says masks don't work. IF they did, Covid would have gone away many months ago. IF someone had INSISTED I wear a mask, I simply leave.

----

As another poster above, last year I cancelled trips to Nashville, McCall, ID, and Glacier National Park...because of Covid closures. Hopefully the Feds and states will start being honest with us. Stop ineffective lock downs.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Science says masks don't work.

Proper masks worn properly absolutely work. If they didn't you'd need your own contained air supply to interact with / treat patients with various viral/bacterial infections, but you don't. I've been in COVID positive holding facilities, had close contact with COVID positive individuals, and have not been infected because I have the proper equipment and training. The issue is most people don't have proper masks, don't know or use proper donning/doffing procedures, etc. Surgical masks, t-shirt masks, etc. are better then nothing, but aren't the same as N95 or better and many people infect the "clean" side as they repeatedly don and doff the same mask.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Have been to NE, AZ UT, NM and KS, all for hunting...

Trying to plan a trip to Moab for early May. We'll see!

NEW MEXICO

Crossed NM four times last nine months. I-10 May, June and Dec 2020. I-40 Jan 2021.

Two had over night hotel stays. No touristy stuff.

Never wore a mask. Never asked to wear a mask. Cracked me up. Gallop, NM McDougle's had a sign asking drive through customers to where a mask. Just can't make this crap up.

MOST every where I stopped, gas, eateries, rest areas and a couple hotels, many without masks.

Science says masks don't work. IF they did, Covid would have gone away many months ago. IF someone had INSISTED I wear a mask, I simply leave.

----

As another poster above, last year I cancelled trips to Nashville, McCall, ID, and Glacier National Park...because of Covid closures. Hopefully the Feds and states will start being honest with us. Stop ineffective lock downs.

Proper masks worn properly absolutely work. If they didn't you'd need your own contained air supply to interact with / treat patients with various viral/bacterial infections, but you don't. I've been in COVID positive holding facilities, had close contact with COVID positive individuals, and have not been infected because I have the proper equipment and training. The issue is most people don't have proper masks, don't know or use proper donning/doffing procedures, etc. Surgical masks, t-shirt masks, etc. are better then nothing, but aren't the same as N95 or better and many people infect the "clean" side as they repeatedly don and doff the same mask.

For the love of Dodge please don't derail this thread into a fricken mask debate...