Which ram truck should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet. It seems a little crazy as to how much money you have to spend just to get some good general truck features these days. It's. I'm almost Is considering just getting another round classic And maybe getting some heavier Springs for towing
YUP, U need to go high end trim to get the good goodies. There is always Toyota, with their Top of the line 1794 Tundra, with the newly put out 6 cylinder with twin turbo's (sound familiar), They R 68K and up here, if U can find one. (sic).

I just got lowly 5th Gen Bighorn. I can turn on my wipers, and such, I am capable. Not want no moon/sun roofs, boxes or stuff. ONLY thing a MUST is the LED lighting I have. BIG WISH: MFT tailgate. But just how BOIRD flaps feathers.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 Laramie Longhorn with the leather seats and they are comfortable and give good support with the different settings available ... The radio system in it is a Harmon-Kardon with 19 speakers ... The wheels are 22 inch but I believe the standard Laramie has the 20 inch wheels ... I don't live in the GTA but have driven on the 401 without any problems with speed ...
My son bought a new 2022 Rebel that didn't come with running boards so it's pretty high to get into with the all terrain tires that came standard ... Since you have a back problem, you will definitely need the runners if you choose that model ... He likes the Rebel, but then again he is obviously younger and in the military, so he's use to driving high off road vehicles ...
If comfort is your goal I would stick with the Laramie with leather seating, (however the Longhorn Edition has a better-quality leather) I also have the air suspension which makes the ride even better ... I also have the new style Multifunction Tailgate which is easier on the back when loading ... And this is my third RAM Longhorn since 2013 so I can speak from experience ... Good Luck with your new ride ...

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Dealer mentioned to me that the Laramie seats are as good as the Limited on terms of "comfort" but we didn't discuss adjustability. I would think vertical adjustability would be helpful.
None of the Laramies on my local lot have blind spot detection which is pretty helpful for the freeway. Surprised it isn't there as a standard feature. I even checked to see if it was part of an equipment group, but I don't think it is.
Dealer has a Limited with an "auto levelling suspension" listed in the specs, but it isn't showing the active four corner air suspension on the window sticker. Is this an error, or is there some other load levelling feature available when you are towing?
Unfortunately, most sales reps don't know or understand the products they sell. Sales reps can and will tell you anything in the hopes of separating you from your money. I've owned both, and Laramie seats are not as comfortable as Limited seats. The Laramie seats were perfectly adequate, but for longer trips the Limited had more comfortable seats. Or more better stated, I was able to adjust for a more comfortable position.

But, having said that, I wouldn't say the seats alone are worth moving up from a Laramie. Other things like standard air suspension (US models), better headlights, BSM, and better overall interior surfaces are why I upgraded to a Limited.

moodyism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 TD
I use my air suspension ALL the time. Lowers for entry/exit. Raises if you need to go off-road. Lowers for aerodynamic on the highway.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I use my air suspension ALL the time. Lowers for entry/exit. Raises if you need to go off-road. Lowers for aerodynamic on the highway.

Agreed. Air suspension is great to have. Raise it to make oil changes easier. Lower it to make it easy for people to get in and out. Raise it and deploy the powered steps to help with door dings when parking in public lots. Lower it for parking garages. Raise it for off-road use.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bet. It seems a little crazy as to how much money you have to spend just to get some good general truck features these days. It's. I'm almost Is considering just getting another round classic And maybe getting some heavier Springs for towing
I had a new Rebel, got rid of it. Poked around in a different truck, sold it. Got a 2009 Laramie, rolling on 20's. Prior owner installed airbags. It was missing a few modern amenities, like a back up camera and that big ass screen that the Rebel had. Installing those was a nice update. It has the Alpine stereo. It's a nice truck. I'd do it again, but look for a loaded 2015 and newer. Used might be an option for you.

Brent 1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just wanted to talk to the group about which ram truck I should be looking for. I currently have a ram classic but I'm going to be giving this truck to my son. He is going to work it off. I'm having a little trouble choosing the ram that I should get from my next ride. Here are my criteria. I Need a truck that's really good on the freeway as I am back-and-forth down the 401 very frequently. I also need a truck that has really comfortable seats for my back. I'm currently driving a classic and the seats aren't too bad but I do use a separate seat cushion. So I'm not sure if any of the other seats have some additional support and cushioning It might work for me. My 3rd criteria is that I really enjoy a good stereo but I'm willing to live with any of the stereos the ram offers As they all seem pretty good. I don't need a sunroof and I don't need the round boxes.. I do I do have to bomb across the field A few times a month but it's generally pretty easy going terrain. I don't do any off roading But I do tell the kids dirt bikes And I have a 27' trailer available that I could use for towing. I was looking at a rebel but I'm not sure about how well it does at 1:30 km per hour highway speeds . The seat seemed really comfortable but the dealer said that the Laramie seats and the limited seats are Slightly better. I did listen to the stereo and eliminated and I listened to the stereo and rebel and it was amazing. I'm not sure it's the same stereo that's in the Laramie though. I know there's a lot of stuff here and it's not well put together but I'm driving and thought I would see What the members had to offer. Thanks and thanks again.
So basically, you're looking for a pleasure truck. Why don't you just get longhorn edition with all the bells and whistles? 3/4ton with the 6.7 Diesel they give really good fuel mileage empty and loaded. My 6.7 1 ton drw gets 23 on the highway at 72mph. Sounds like you're not going to work the truck very much.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Diesel with any trim level you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963