White plasti dip ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello, I have a sxt model, so my upper bumper is not paint matched to the white truck... I done the same thing on my ex 2011 gmc sierra with krylon fusion paint and done the job right.

But the plasti dip seems to also work on chrome bumper so I may give a try on the bumpers too.

Does the white look a little bit like the oem white ? I know the krylon fusion is identical to the oem paint, but not also glossy. But with the plasti dip the color seems more white than the oem paint , is it right ?

For the durabily for the bumper there is any issues ?

Your picture are welcome :D

Thank you !

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I believe the white Plastidip is a matte or flat white. You would probably need to spray their glossifier over it to make it close to your truck's white paint.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^ Pretty sure he's right. I think all their sprays are matte or flat finish.

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the White is close to it but use the glossifier. Works like a charm. Made my rims look a lot cleaner and close to OE colors.

Sent via a black hole.

OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've heard that the plasti dip with the glossifier is harder to remove is it true ? And does the glossifier make a good difference ?

One fear I have is that the white is not the same , on this video it's seems to have a huge color difference than the truck paint http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44gYKYyA5QU

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard that the plasti dip with the glossifier is harder to remove is it true ? And does the glossifier make a good difference ?

One fear I have is that the white is not the same , on this video it's seems to have a huge color difference than the truck paint http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44gYKYyA5QU

I haven't tried to pull it off yet but it might be, I'm not sure. The white is a pretty bright white and with the glossifier I think it'll match a lot closer.

Sent via a black hole.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I've heard and seen demonstrations of Plastidip with clear coat spray paint over it and that makes it harder to remove. It kind of flaked off in chunks vs. just peeling off. Plastidip's glossifier is supposed to cure this issue. Check out Plastidip's website, www.dipyourcar.com