Who added a cargo cam and got the 18.xx.xx OTA? Step inside, please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Greetings all!

So I was one of the folks who never got the 17.43 OTA update, and had been sitting at 17.11.07 in my 2015 RAM 3500 dually. I have been installing the factory cargo cam with Deereguy's harness - hindered by frequent work travel and family priorities... Anyway, I was well aware that if I got the 17.43 in my 2015, it would kill the cargo cam functionality under 17.11.07. Well, I just finished the CHMSL, harness routing through the cab and just have the short bit to the radio harness now. I had already had the sales code flashed for the cargo cam by my very friendly dealer, and last night was to be the culmination of all my investment and effort with the final tie-in to the radio harness but...

I got the forced OTA update scheduler yesterday morning! I am 100% certain I NEVER received an initial screen or dismissed it to have a key-on countdown myself, BUT I did have the truck in for it's yearly inspection, an alignment, and a recall so it could have happened at any of them. The OTA update happened as-scheduled, seemingly no hiccups, and I now have 18.43.01.

My question is, anyone with the pre-2016 RA4 VP4 like me that also installed the factory cargo cam - does the cargo cam still work (or return to working after the 17.43 update killed it)? I figured I'd ask before pinning the harness and finding out for myself to see if I can save myself the aggravation! If it doesn't work with the 18.xx.xx updates, then I absolutely must pivot and either install the cam with a toggle switch to share the reverse cam input (cheap solution), or I need to hunt down a 2016-later unit that's in good shape, with lock code, and not at an absurd price! I tow gooseneck trailers and really need the convenience of the came to line up on the ball since I hitch myself the majority of the time.

Here's hoping one of the members here is in the know! Also hoping this hasn't been asked because I did use the search with several keywords, and also read every post on the 18.xx.xx OTA updates and didn't see this brought up. I'll take my lashings if I missed it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat