Rear trailer camera added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I ordered my 2022 Power Wagon with the digital rear view mirror cargo camera. I did not realize that also included the wiring for both the rear trailer camera as well as the surround trailer camera wiring. With my RTT I blocked the cargo camera and had limited visibilty out of the rear view mirror. I ordered the rear trailer camera kit from Moparfactoryparts.com, part number 68525798AA, that includes the camera and 50 feet of optical cable. I added the camera on the back of the RTT and now have great rear visibility again. The camera has several adjustment modes, up/down and right and left so you can get a perfect picture of what is behind you. It also tilts down automatically when you are in reverse. I simply had to plug the camera in on the rear bumper and route the wires up to the camera on the RTT. DSC07659.JPG

Last edited:

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That’s pretty good. I heard the oem trailer camera has poor resolution. Is that no longer true?

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The resolution is very good IMO. I paid $572 for the whole kit from Moparfactorydirect.com My local dealer said they were on backorder and wanted $850 if it was available. I got it the next day when I ordered from Mopar and it came from a private dealer shipped direct to me. They do make a 4 camera system for surround view on a trailer which is probably the $1300 price. This was a complete plug and play unit and does offer a lot more than a single rear camera that is not motorized. I did not need to do any programming. The rear view camera automaticall defaults to the trailer camera but you can also toggle to the bed camera at any time. Have your VIN when ordering to verify that it works with your truck.

Last edited:

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Did you add the trailer camera connector with this kit or did your truck come with it? I've been trying to find some info to add a trailer camera but maybe I'm searching the wrong thing.

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My pickup was wired for the trailer camera from the factory with a plug in already provided at the back bumnper for both the surround camera kit as well as the single rear view camera. The camera kit I ordered is part number 68525798AA. The kit came with the camera, the mount and 50 feet of cable.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat