Who else still plays with toy slotcars in the winter,lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks like that track is for sale,and they want $2,000.00 for it.
Scroll down a couple posts to find it

no freaking kidding where do you think I got pic I ran across it for sale the night before you made this post and thought that is a good size do not know why but save it to my saved so I did then what do you know the thread came up and thought had to post that big ******* https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...8/?hoisted=false&ref=saved&referral_code=null

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
no freaking kidding where do you think I got pic I ran across it for sale the night before you made this post and thought that is a good size do not know why but save it to my saved so I did then what do you know the thread came up and thought had to post that big ******* https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...8/?hoisted=false&ref=saved&referral_code=null
It needs some work,but it's probably not a bad buy,if you have the room for it.
Dan is pretty the premier slot car timing system supplier,i have his computor timing/lap counter set-up on my track.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is one of the higher end class of cars,full roller bearing custom armatures/steel gears/polymer mags/custom chassis etc.
The next pic is the class i prefer,same basic build as the faster cars,but with no traction mags,so a lot harder car to drive,they act more like a 1/32 car,you can hang the rear end out on a curve,lol
(1) 0-30V 10 amp power supply per lane.
Drivers station and controller
Wiring on the back of the drivers stations,along with some of the wiring going through the bottom up to the rails,to power the cars.
How i did my power taps,the 14G solid wire that comes up from the bottom,is then soldered to the sides of the rails,each lane has 14 power taps,so there's no voltage drop the full length of the track.
TrackMate computor interface.
Table frame is 1" steel square tubing,with 1/2" plywood screwed and glued to the steel frame,then the actual Sintra track surface is glued and screwed to the plywood.Where the table breaks down into sections,i used steel dowels to line the sections up,and puck board as my wiring junction blocks

Attachments

• IMG_2766.JPG
    IMG_2766.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2767.JPG
    IMG_2767.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2750.JPG
    IMG_2750.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2759.JPG
    IMG_2759.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2748.JPG
    IMG_2748.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2760.JPG
    IMG_2760.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

BruceA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Used to run slots back in the day.... Didn't think there were any racers or tracks left. NJ shut down all the tracks a while ago. I guess most tracks are 1/24th. I lost all my gear when I went into the Navy back in 67. I have a collection of 1/32nd Fly Vipers that have never been raced, and are in the original cases. Anyone out there interested in some really nice cars, drop me a line. Keep your tracks up and keep racing. I really miss building and running slots....

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Used to run slots back in the day.... Didn't think there were any racers or tracks left. NJ shut down all the tracks a while ago. I guess most tracks are 1/24th. I lost all my gear when I went into the Navy back in 67. I have a collection of 1/32nd Fly Vipers that have never been raced, and are in the original cases. Anyone out there interested in some really nice cars, drop me a line. Keep your tracks up and keep racing. I really miss building and running slots....
Time to get back into it Bruce,the grandkids would love it ;) :waytogo:

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The local hobby shop I would frequent as a kid had a big track. I loved watching them. I don’t know of any near me now.

I do RC cars instead.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The local hobby shop I would frequent as a kid had a big track. I loved watching them. I don’t know of any near me now.

I do RC cars instead.
Those will keep you broke,lol

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Gorgeous track!!!! I have a HS friend now on the west cost who is involved in competition & he paints & sells bodies. I have pieces of an Aurora track where you steer the cars; they are attached to 'sleds' that are under the track. Kinda cool when you both are heading to the X (cross) track where you can change lanes. Used to have American Flyer cars.

Rebel Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I race 1/24 scale at my local track and run a monthly series at tracks around New England. Done this for most of my life but what I enjoy is painting the clear bodies with airbrush and hav won many concours awards. It’s a great hobby but getting the younger generation into it has been an issue.4DD69673-6810-43E3-81D3-F0C540E44F24.jpeg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
place not far from me does slot drag racing. I have been checking it out on Facebook and it looks really cool actually and the cars look awesome. I have been hesitant to go and check it out in person because I have a feeling I would be buying a drag slot car before I leave lol

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I race 1/24 scale at my local track and run a monthly series at tracks around New England. Done this for most of my life but what I enjoy is painting the clear bodies with airbrush and hav won many concours awards. It’s a great hobby but getting the younger generation into it has been an issue.View attachment 503524
Wow is all i got,lol. Those look wicked Rebel,you have some airbrush talents.

Rebel Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow is all i got,lol. Those look wicked Rebel,you have some airbrush talents.
Thanks! It’s a shame that so many tracks have been closing but it’s hard to make money in a hobby that is only busy in the cold months.Most track owners do it for the love of it and have other ways of income. This is the King track I race on weekly .FC60F3EF-541B-462C-97E4-8932C45F1E9F.jpeg

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks! It’s a shame that so many tracks have been closing but it’s hard to make money in a hobby that is only busy in the cold months.Most track owners do it for the love of it and have other ways of income. This is the King track I race on weekly .View attachment 503544
The slotcar hobby isn't anywhere near as good as it was,even 20 years ago.There used to be quite a few King tracks floating around in the 90's/early 2000's,i'd bet there's probably only a handful at most left operating now.

John Chappell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jesus H, grow the hell up!

Brushless RC toys are sooooooo much cooler. But then you’ll have to graduate to 3d helicopters. And … after $50k and numerous 1/4 scale builds later you may have to join a 12 step program or some damn thing. Speaking for someone else, of course.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There used to be a few of us old street/drag racers that would get together on friday nights in the winters and run cars ,but in the last couple years,we've sort of split up. It was getting a bit stupid pricewise with 1/64th cars costing well over $200.00 each,and controllers costing upwards of $500.00,and i think that was one of the reasons it tapered off. These days i have a couple neighbour kids that come over and use my track more then i do,only requirement being they turn the lights off and lock the door when they leave.I still stock enough parts to keep them going,but i've cut way back on my parts stock .
You don't see folks doing that much in this day and age. Good on you for letting those kids experience clean old fashioned fun. It'll leave a (good) mark on them.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You don't see folks doing that much in this day and age. Good on you for letting those kids experience clean old fashioned fun. It'll leave a (good) mark on them.
They're 14 and 16 this year,so they have more energy then my 62 year old asss has,about 10:30 i'm headed to bed,and they stay for another couple hours after that,lol. They live directly across the street from me,so their mother knows where they are,and she's happy they're at my place playing with slotcars,instead of playing on their phones at her house,lol