Who has owned a Pentastar and a Hemi Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol, first google something called time value of money. When you need me to explain it, come on back.

Nobody said that $6000 isn’t a big deal UPFRONT, I said $68 a month isn’t a big deal over eight years. Literally 20x by now. You may only have the truck for 2 years, did you still spend $6000 in gas?? Did you buy $6000 in gas gift-cards?? You sound like someone who spends 20% of his income eating out and then tries to turn the-lights off while at home to “save money.”

Anywho,

You’re proposing a scenario which you know I won’t agree to deflect from my original proposal. Again, if that $68 is SUCH A BIG DEAL, then me proposing to pay that difference should be a amazing right? Why is it suddenly not important?

It’s funny, if one looks at your posts 80% of them are you being argumentative, antagonistic, etc. kind of weird as a hemi owner you spend this much time in the v6 forum [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it you don't like the deal? Turns out $6000 is a lot of money, who knew. I'd take $68/month for 8 years instead, but we both know the way you value money you'll be broke in a year and I won't collect. Momma didn't raise no stupid boy, I want it while I have a chance to collect.

I'm super impressed that you own a Porsche though. That totally changes my opinion of who you are. Dear Lord, he owns a Porsche!

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Very entertaining discussion indeed! Maybe, you guys should agree to disagree, before it turns out nasty?

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Hemi and the wife has a 2018 Durango. Kind of hard to compared being two different vehicles. The Durango seems pretty quick if you throw it in sport mode or when I swapped my pedal commander over to test it.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could get upwards of 26-27mpg on certain trips with my 2017 with the pentastar, but never as the average over a whole tank of gas.

To me, the only number that matters is the average MPG.

Your 600mi out of a tank is I'm assuming about a 25gal fill-up? So that was 24mpg over the whole tank. Not too shabby.

Exactly the trip overall is the most important. Going to our family cabin is slightly uphill and I usually end up about 17mpg in my Hemi on the way up. If I reset and drive back down I'll be at like 25mpg when I get home on the same road.

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have owned both, same year (2016). My hemi had 3.21 gears and i am not sure what my v6 ram has.

First thing I noticed on the the test drive (v6) was how much torque it had off the line. It actually moves easier off the line than my hemi ram did.

I have noticed on some inclines that the v6 ram shifts earlier than my hemi did. The v6 ram also doesn’t have quite the kick in the pants when you romp down on it but this is to be expected.

I never really towed with my hemi ram but i did pull a 24’ boat up hill on grass (steep enough that it had to be in 4x4 or you would not get traction) and that hemi had plenty of power.

I don’t miss the hemi honestly. Yes it does sound better, but I honestly love this v6.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^ This guy should have had the RCSB hemi then and he'd have noticed a big difference in the two. Mine literally slams your head back in the headrest when I floor it from a stop. There's no 1/1 comparison between the 6cyl and the V-8 Hemi, apples and oranges.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, but yours is seriously altered, so not really a fair comparison. Also, not everyone needs or can use an RCSB.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, but yours is seriously altered, so not really a fair comparison. Also, not everyone needs or can use an RCSB.
I get it, I just bought mine for fun and modding, but realize most of these are money earners or working trucks. My hats off to you gentlemen.

Dark Horse 2022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I have actually owned 2 Hemis, a 2017 Copperhead Sport and a 2020 Rebel. I just purchased a 2022 SLT Classic with the Pentastar V6.

I found my previous Rams enjoyable to drive but as my daily driver, I simply don't need a V8. I do not tow/haul RV's or other toys.

As well, I'm at an age where I couldn't care less about how my truck sounds and appreciate savings at the gas pump.

My SLT has a fantastic option list and was purchased for a great price (I got ridiculous trade-in value on my Rebel). While it is still very new, I am enjoying it every bit as much as I did the trucks with the Hemi.

As I see it, ignore the haters and drive what makes you happy.

Safe driving all!