Who to trust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exactly! A scan tool should be able to tell ya if any (and which one) of the sensors are bad. If they're all working, then it probably IS the module ...given how frequently they crap out.

But first check all the usual possible electrical problems that could cause a module issue (bad fuse, wiring issues, connector corrosion, broken wire/s etc). Do a reset. Unhookd the batt cables overnight. May not help, but cheap to do. If you know a wiz-kid with electronics, consider giving them a chance to inspect the circuit board inside the module for any possible electronic problems. Could be there's a bad solder joint or two, simple to fix. There's no shortage of 'Bad ABS Module' posts in this forum, in your truck's year range, so it could definitely be the problem. After 10 years there could have been 20k heat/cool cycles on that circuit board which could definitely degrade any weak solder joints.

But a quick scan and basic tests should tell you yes/no on the wheel sensors.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I am tired of dealers telling me that driving at 5000 feet requires extreme service intervals. They seem to want to change everything at half the time and mileage of what the manuals say. A lot people just go along with it. It ****** me off.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
My son traveled all the way down here to Somerset KY, from Rochester, NY and bought a 2025 Ram from the dealership here. They gave him excellent treatment, along with a fantastic deal. He had all kinds of problems with the Ram dealers in Rochester.

The lot in Somerset has what looks like over a hundred Rams of all sizes and styles, and the guy said they're getting more in!

dmmcguire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe the dealer meant wheel speed sensors and the tire store had put in new tire pressure sensors? ABS uses the wheel speed sensors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paularmstrong