Why are manufacturers still putting chrome on trucks?

Do you like trucks with chrome?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_4937.JPG
I'm not bashing anyone that likes chrome, everyone has got different tastes and that's all good with me.

In todays market it just seems to me like that vast majority of consumers don't want chrome on their trucks, and if they buy a truck with chrome they end up painting over it...

I personally can't stand chrome on my vehicles, i just think it looks cheap and gaudy. I shopped for my truck for a long time to get the one i wanted without any chrome.

I think Ram understands this better than other makers, so many ram trucks are outfitted with color matched bumpers and black accents/wheels.

Ford gets it too, it seems like more F-150's now have paint matched bumpers now as well.

In my opinion it seems like chevy and toyota have a running contest going to see who can fit more ugly chrome on the front of a truck lol

What are your thoughts? Do you guys still like chrome or no chrome?

I'm on my third RAM. The first two had color matched bumpers and I though they were OK but I have always liked chrome. I really like it against the bright white of my 2018 Lone Star Silver Edition. I've had many compliments and though I never thought I would own a white vehicle of any kind, the chrome makes it very likeable. Chrome handles bugs, rocks and most other foreign objects much better than color matched bumpers. I love not having to touch up the color on a regular basis. and yes this is just my humble opinion and it and .75 cents will get you a cup of coffee where I live.

miles01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had one sport truck that was no chrome, it looked nice for a year then the paint chips on the front bumper made it look like a very old truck.
I love the chrome on my trucks and my current Laramie