Why did you buy your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beagler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have owned a Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, GMC Sierra 1500, Chevy 1500 and now the Ram 1500. The Ram has plenty of leg room and gives you lots of power with better gas mileage than the others. I might add that the ride of the Ram has been the best of all of them. Unless something about this truck fools me it will be my next purchase for many years to come.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Bought the first Ram because I was tired of GM trucks and had some reliability issues with the last one. The Rams are the better overall value, nicer interiors, Hemi, ZF 8 speed. Just to name the main things.

Then went to 2500 for payload, HD parts, solid axles, Hemi, price, mean looking truck. Will continue to do business with Ram for my truck needs.

jwperry

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always owned cars. Had an SUV once, way back when, but pretty much always cars. The wife has a crossover SUV(small vehicle). Our family was growing larger and we've been strapping more things to the roof of the cars as we've increased our DIY projects at home. We were first looking at a larger SUV, but seeing the gas mileage on those had the thought "why not a truck?".

I really, really wanted a Sierra Denali. I think they have a real nice look to them. Finally found one at a price point that I could stomach and went for a test drive....left completely underwhelmed. I know there's a YouTube video where a 6.2 Denali beat a 5.7 RAM, but I don't believe it. The Denali was a sluggish pig. Super nice interior and had everything I could want...but no push start in a $60k vehicle? No thanks to the GM products.

Then went and drove the new Nissan Titan. Looks nice, has all the new tech upgrades but felt cheap.

Then went to the Toyota options; the Tundra is a fuel hog(I commute about 100 miles/day) so that was out and the Tacoma felt like I was sitting in a car again. Too small for what I wanted.

My friends all have F150s and I like them, but I didn't want an aluminum truck. If I could have found a '14 with less than 40k miles on it, I'd have probably bought it. We were at a Ford dealership looking at the F250 when I got a wild hair and drove a RAM Laramie they had on the lot. I fell in love with the Hemi's acceleration, the interior layout(I kind of like the puck shifter), the sound system(Alpine is best in the class IMO), the rear facing AC vents(for kids in the back). Started shopping RAM and reading more about them and I'm not sure why I didn't look at them harder in the first place. I started searching everywhere within a 200 miles for a well equipped RAM at the price I wanted to pay. I found it right in my back yard; picked up well optioned '17 Laramie from the local dealership for $35k. My only regret is not getting 4x4. But, it does everything we could ask for with the family and can haul all the DIY materials with no problems at all. We did get it to ride pretty low a few times from the landscaping store (where we can buy sand & stone by the cubic yard) but never had any hesitation from the Hemi while driving.

INFERNL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 - R/T Arctic White
I’ve purchased cars but only for my ex wife. I’ve literally never purchased a car for myself ever. It has been trucks and only trucks since my first new truck in 1989.

2016 RAM R/T Arctic White

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just like most here I only had trucks. Saw a monster truck magazine when I was 14 and loved trucks ever since. The 03 Ram was so dif lookin and then I loved it when I first sat in it.

86 Chevy S10
88 Toyota PickUp
96 Dakota
00 Toyota Tacoma (was soooooo boring)
04 Ram
15 Ram

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
went from a 2 door ram express to a JKU and loved it. hated getting rid of that jeep but I moved to dallas for work and jeeps on a 7 hour drive back and forth to home is a no go.

sold my jku and bought my ram, got a lay-off announcement before I moved to dallas for good and ended up moving back home anyway. if i’d have stuck it out I could have kept my jeep....but I have this truck modded the way I like it, so i’ll keep it.

352779f0fc735493daeeb4a5c55c10ca.jpg

my jeep towing my micro camper when it was in the framing phase

afa398c298db43722232b5ca9d74adfa.jpg

truck the second or third day of ownership

b1ad37e2ec36a92ec90106a9fb1d4a04.jpg

now, with more mods n stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
This is my third RAM. I bought one almost exactly a year ago but it was 2WD. Traded in for a 1500 4WD last month and am starting to build it up for expedition/overland based camping and travelling. Just ordered myself an Icon suspension kit and will put tires, breather and bed rack with tent on in the near future. Can't wait to take some long trips with it and put it through some paces!

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
went from a 2 door ram express to a JKU and loved it. hated getting rid of that jeep but I moved to dallas for work and jeeps on a 7 hour drive back and forth to home is a no go.

sold my jku and bought my ram, got a lay-off announcement before I moved to dallas for good and ended up moving back home anyway. if i’d have stuck it out I could have kept my jeep....but I have this truck modded the way I like it, so i’ll keep it.

352779f0fc735493daeeb4a5c55c10ca.jpg

my jeep towing my micro camper when it was in the framing phase

afa398c298db43722232b5ca9d74adfa.jpg

truck the second or third day of ownership

b1ad37e2ec36a92ec90106a9fb1d4a04.jpg

now, with more mods n stuff

Coughcolormatchedhandlescough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Wait so did you move to Dallas or no? Wait I get it moved for work got laid off moved back to hometown

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Gonna need a detailed build log when you do that I'm considering icon or bds when I build a newer truck

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on my second Ram truck.
I'll be honest here. I hate driving a truck, I'd much rather a car. The only reason I bought my last truck and this truck is for the winters in the Northeast. Gotta have that 4X4. lol

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm on my second Ram truck.
I'll be honest here. I hate driving a truck, I'd much rather a car. The only reason I bought my last truck and this truck is for the winters in the Northeast. Gotta have that 4X4. lol

When I’m in town. I rather drive my car.. when I’m working out of state no way truck ftw lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased my first truck in 1992, a Chevy 1500 regular cab Mark III edition when I purchased my second house because "I needed a truck." ;) Loved the size and convenience of having a truck. For the first few years I owned only Chevy trucks, come from a large GM dominated family, and was happy. Then in 1999 the tranny was going up in my Chevy and I was investigating a major theft case at the local Dodge dealership. The service manager there insisted that I drive a Dodge and compare it to a Chevy 1500 extended cab I was looking at. (My work partner at the time also drove a 1997 Ram 1500 extended cab and loved it.) Well I drove the Dodge truck and found I really liked it. Truth be told I have always been the Mopar black sheep of the family. Then I started comparing the two trucks price wise, after that it was a no brainer. I saved almost 5K on the Dodge compared to a comparable equipped Chevy.

Since my first Dodge truck purchase I have owned one Dakota and multiple Ram 1500's. I can't see me ever going back to a car, as I love sitting up high and having a full sized vehicle around me. I have looked at the GMC's, Ford's, and Chevy offerings over the years, but always stick with the Ram.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before buying my current ram, I was driving a 1987 Jeep grand wagoneer. I originally went shopping for a wrangler JK unlimited to replace the wagoneer. However, while test driving some JK’s, they just seemed really small. Especially the front doors, they seemed much narrower(front to back) than the doors on the wrangler YJ that I used to have. I just couldn’t get comfortable.
I ended up in the back lot at the GM dealership(where they keep the recently taken in trades), and found the truck I have now.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My 2000 Grand Cherokee was getting old, over 200k so I was thinking about a new vehicle. Then last year in May, I had a triple bypass so once I got back to driving I decided for the 1st time in my life I was going to get a new vehicle. The wife always got the new cars and I bought used. I always liked the Ram looks and after driving it I was sold. Never liked the square wheel wells on the Gm's and couldn't see spending thousands more for an F150 ESPECIALLY one with a souped up Briggs & Stratton eco boost.

Troutman561

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 01 Tundra with 277,*** miles. It was perfectly reliable and I only spent $150 in repairs other than routine maintenance in my ownership of the truck. So, naturally I wanted to stick with Toyota. Well, I despise the new Tundra interior and exterior. Was looking hard at Sierras but wanted the 6.2 and finding that used at a reasonable price is near impossible. I like the power of the Ford engines but f150’s are so basic B that I was on the fence. Truth be told the Ram was my 3rd choice... until I actually got in one and drive it. Way more comfortable, love the Hemi, and the interior is more ergonomic and nicer than the others. I was instantly sold and got a 2017 Laramie and like the truck more everyday. I keep trucks a long time so who knows what will be out there when the time comes for another. The reason why I need a truck is because I have 2 kids, camp, hunt, fish, and regularly haul various things in the truck that require a full size truck. And I hate being down low in a car.