Wife Wants to Buy Me Running Boards For Christmas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wfscooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OEM from Mopar all the way, most sturdy steps you can get. My 2016 I had the stationary black oem, and loved them, but a little high. On my 2019 I added the oem powered steps since they go lower which makes them more usable, especially for my parents. Well worth the money, and had dealer install so the Deploy button would be added in the touch screen controls.

ToTheDarkSide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I put on these Luverne side steps. They're really well made and sturdy. I weigh 220lbs and I don't feel any flex when I step up. Plus they're mounted with 3 brackets and fit right up to the body.
Stainless Steel Side Entry Steps SKU #281033-571632 for $588.79 by LUVERNE Truck
I agree 100% with this choice. I have them mainly for the lack of a gap between the body and the step For my kids getting in and out. Their legs won’t slide through that opening. Happened on my 2013 with the slippery chrome tubes and it scared me the most.
Very sturdy and they don’t hang low off the truck.
As awesome as they look, I won’t do electric boards again. Our LTZ Tahoe had them and winter time destroys them. Amp might be a better product than what GM puts out however

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Running boards are a must for shorter people. I’m 6 foot and use it all the time. I like the tubular running boards that curl inwards at the very ends. Mine are completely black, matches my trucks color scheme. Also come on chrome or black with chrome trim. Makes your truck look a lot nicer too. Even if I didn’t think they were useful, I’d get them just for that.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am 6ft3" 220 and I am smaller then my boys lol and the OEM hold up well
I used to carry a foot stool if I was taking my MIL to the Doctors,
I purchased the OEM Wheel to Wheel about 3 years ago. SO far survived Maine Winters and make it way easier for my MIL to hop in, Even easier for me !

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am 6ft3" 220 and I am smaller then my boys lol
I used to carry a foot stool if I was taking my MIL to the Doctors,
I purchased the OEM Wheel to Wheel about 3 years ago. SO far survived Maine Winters and make it way easier for my MIL to hop in, Even easier for me ! The issue with OEM is if you have molded mud flaps they may hit the boards and have to be removed and hunt for a set that fits w/o hitting

CBXer6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Wife has a hard time getting in and out of truck and wants to buy me a set of running boards, would love to hear what you guys are using and any brand to stay away from. I'm 6'4', 250 lbs and want something sturdy. Chrome, Black, or Brushed Aluminum ?? Whats a good brand, Westin, Iboard or what other brand. Going on stock White 2016 Ram 1500 SLT.

View attachment 230655
I have Westin on my '14 1500 . I love them. It makes a lot of difference getting into and out of the cab. Plus it helps keep some of the snow and slop off of the side of the truck. I'm 6' 2" & 240. I'd say get the Westin.

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put these on my truck. Very Sturdy.

https://www.ariesautomotive.com/running-boards-side-bars/advantedge-5-5-inches

full

PJ_Shamrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've owned the "Raptor Series" 5" Stainless (on my 04 QC in the background) and was so impressed, I bought another set when I got my 19 Classic CC. I'm a little north of 350 and they're rated for 500. Three brackets/side and NO flex when I get on them. My truck got hit and the Raptors (thankfully) took most of the damage. The body shop replaced them with Weston Pro Series 5, and other than the words on the step pad, they're exactly the same.

20200515_170114.jpg

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with APG iboards. I have had steps & bars in the past. Much easier to keep clean. Nick

Lynn Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wife has a hard time getting in and out of truck and wants to buy me a set of running boards, would love to hear what you guys are using and any brand to stay away from. I'm 6'4', 250 lbs and want something sturdy. Chrome, Black, or Brushed Aluminum ?? Whats a good brand, Westin, Iboard or what other brand. Going on stock White 2016 Ram 1500 SLT.

View attachment 230655

Jayc19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Yes, the mount to the factory openings and the pinch welds. My 2015 doesn’t have the nutserts so the running boards came with mounting brackets that “bridge” the factory mounting holes.

joeagri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If your going to do it, do it right with power running boards. That's the way to go. I love them!
The problem with regular boards they are at the same height as the truck floor so your not gaining much. The power units drop down like a step to get into the truck. Much better.