Will the Dealership Correct the Front alignment, Under the Original Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
My truck has only 16,000 miles on it.

When I bring my 3500 in for the fuel pump replacement on Wednesday, I will bring with me one of the badly worn front tires after Discount Tire puts the new Bridgestones on. I am going to show them the worn out outer edges. And ask that they correct the alignment, under warranty, so that the new ones are protected. I do anticipate them balking on that, but we'll see.

My 36,000 mike 36K month BTB Warranty expired on 2/1/23, but I purchased an extended Mopar Factory Warranty beforehand. I had no idea the alignment was off. I only recently discovered this.

Weeks ago, before the original Warranty expired I emailed the Service Writer that the tires wore out at 16K miles. I was told: "You have to contact the tire manufacturer." :-/ It would certainly be unfair that I would have to go and shell out money to have an alignment shop do this.

My truck has only 16,000 miles on it.

Thoughts" Suggestions? Advice?

Last edited:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd say the dealer probably will not help you. That's why one of my first steps with a new to me vehicle is buying a lifetime Firestone alignment.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Every time you change tires, they sell you an alignment...theres a reason for that. Each tire has a different set of treads (unless you stuck with what was originally aligned to) and it throws the camber and caster values out...especially if you picked a tire thats 1" or more wider than OEM, gone with a bigger tire, or even put on new wheels or added wheel spacers.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
This just in from the Dealerships General Manager: "Bring the unit in and we will check the alignment specs no worries."

So, with that, the new front, pricey Bridgestone Duravis tires should have a healthy start. But one of our Forum members who recommened these Bridgestones said I should use the THuren specs of "0" degrees toe in, with no variance from that. That, however may not be Ram's specs. ???

;)

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Every time you change tires, they sell you an alignment...theres a reason for that. Each tire has a different set of treads (unless you stuck with what was originally aligned to) and it throws the camber and caster values out...especially if you picked a tire thats 1" or more wider than OEM, gone with a bigger tire, or even put on new wheels or added wheel spacers.

What? Alignment has Nothing to do with the tires themselves, it's aligning the suspension and the tires do not come into play what so ever as far as castor, camber, and toe.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I'd say the dealer probably will not help you. That's why one of my first steps with a new to me vehicle is buying a lifetime Firestone alignment.
Explain the firestone lifetime alignment program and cost, please.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Explain the firestone lifetime alignment program and cost, please.
Pay once, free alignment every 6 months or 6k miles. I head in for one after any suspension change or new tires, or before long trips. I've never had any issues even with my level/lifted 1500 on 35s.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Pay once, free alignment every 6 months or 6k miles. I head in for one after any suspension change or new tires, or before long trips. I've never had any issues even with my level/lifted 1500 on 35s.

Interesting, it's says its only $210 , that's amazing for the lifetime of the vehicle. I couldn't find anywhere if there was a time or mileage limit and if you have to have firestone tires?
Also we're full time travelers so can this be purchased in 1 location and done all over the usa?

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L

THe Firestone Store near me can't do an alignment of a 3500 CRew Cab Dually. They say the truck is too long to fit on their rack. Tried to find another location and waited on their chat line for 15 minutes and never got anyone. Waiting on their 800 line for 20 minutes and no one ever answered. Seems they are too busy. Wonder if they are also too busy to do good work.

Last edited:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, it's says its only $210 , that's amazing for the lifetime of the vehicle. I couldn't find anywhere if there was a time or mileage limit and if you have to have firestone tires?
Also we're full time travelers so can this be purchased in 1 location and done all over the usa?
I don't think there's a mileage limit, they will refuse to do the alignment if there is a repair needed, but that was a shop I only went to once, my usual shop was awesome.

I haven't tried it in other states, although I moved cross country so this summer I'll be getting it done far from old home. I can't imagine it wouldn't follow us, as Firestone is a national company.

Make sure you grab the coupon from the website for $20 off the lifetime package also. And no, I use Discount exclusively for tires and have never owned Firestones.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
THe Firestone Store near me can't do an alignment of a 3500 CRew Cab Dually. They say the truck is too long to fit on their rack. Tried to find another location and waited on their chat line for 15 minutes and never got anyone. Waiting on their 800 line for 20 minutes and no one ever answered. Seems they are too busy. Wonder if they are also too busy to do good work.
They didn't have a suggestion for a shop that could assist? That's usually my first follow up question, where do you refer people to or who can help me with this? I've gotten some great help that way.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This just in from the Dealerships General Manager: "Bring the unit in and we will check the alignment specs no worries."

So, with that, the new front, pricey Bridgestone Duravis tires should have a healthy start. But one of our Forum members who recommened these Bridgestones said I should use the THuren specs of "0" degrees toe in, with no variance from that. That, however may not be Ram's specs. ???

;)
Yeah Thuren specs call out that they are not within Ram's specs, but they also don't call out use on a dually truck. Might be worth a call to Thuren as most people I've seen that use Thuren's specs swear by them as the best thing ever.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
They didn't have a suggestion for a shop that could assist? That's usually my first follow up question, where do you refer people to or who can help me with this? I've gotten some great help that way.
This is a 5th Gen Heavy Duty thread. Just wondering how it is that you recommended Firestone. Do you have a Ram 3500 crew cab?

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
This is a 5th Gen Heavy Duty thread. Just wondering how it is that you recommended Firestone for alignment. Do you have a Ram 3500 crew cab?

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alignment used to be under 12/12 warranty, not the 3/36. Brakes were the same thing. but warranty coverages have changed over the years so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
And that's what I wonder about, if I did purchase the lifetime alignment service and as we travel the country are there going to be allot of firestone places that can't fit a drw, steer axle anyway?
Plus do you have to have firestone brand tires or it doesn't matter?

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
And that's what I wonder about, if I did purchase the lifetime alignment service and as we travel the country are there going to be allot of firestone places that can't fit a drw, steer axle anyway?
Plus do you have to have firestone brand tires or it doesn't matter?
After my experience checking into that today, I would say stay clear of that so called Firestone Lifetime Alignment

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
My local shop can't fit a dually either. When I got my Falkens installed at around 20k miles I did the alignment myself on my level concrete driveway using 6' straight edge, tape measure, masking tape and a marker. On all my duallies from my 05 Ford to my current and anyone else's dually, I always set toe at 0. Tires wear perfectly.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
My local shop can't fit a dually either. When I got my Falkens installed at around 20k miles I did the alignment myself on my level concrete driveway using 6' straight edge, tape measure, masking tape and a marker. On all my duallies from my 05 Ford to my current and anyone else's dually, I always set toe at 0. Tires wear perfectly.
Good deal. I will have the same done, except by a shop because I am not equipped with the needed tools, or know how.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990