Wiper blade recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am still using same stockers that were on it when I bought the truck new almost three years ago. 137244km on my truck. I am amazed to be honest. Normally I change mine once a year, but these things keep on keeping on. Through all kinds of ****** Canadian weather.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you have a menards near you, we've bought Michelin branded hybrid winter blades from them two years in a row @ $20 for the pair and they've been amazing to say the least. I'll never spend $20+ on a blade again if I can manage...
I get the same ones at Costco for about same price, generally $18 or so for the pair plus tax. Have used for about 5 years now, work great on different vehicles we have had/have.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the same ones at Costco for about same price, generally $18 or so for the pair plus tax. Have used for about 5 years now, work great on different vehicles we have had/have.

I actually just bought a new pair for the wife and I's vehicles last weekend when I saw they had them. Honestly don't think the current ones even need replaced but for $20 a pair I'd rather have them on standby for when they are needed. They've really been a great blade.

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trico Force or Ice Blades have worked well for me, and I use Rainx washer fluid

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Morning,

The wiper blades on my ‘19 classic chatter so badly that I dread turning them on. I’m sure they are the factory installed blades.

anybody replaced theirs with a blade that cleans the window well and is quiet? Bonus points if they’re under a Benjamin for the set...

I’ve had mixed luck with the same brand and model of wiper on different vehicles, so really just looking for what people know works well on 4th gen Rams.
HIGHLY recommend Anco Wipers. The cheapest ones from PepBoys. I've tried the expensive ones and these are the best. Some stores don't have them on display and u have to ask for them. I've used them on my 04 and ever since. On my wife's Element too.

Tonino

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
Can't go wrong with the RainX

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve found spending $20-30 on wiper blades might be a waste. I paid that for a pair and they didn’t last 2 years in the California sun. It doesn’t rain a bunch here and seemed to not last long. I go with the lower priced wiper blades now because they just sit there for 9 months.

motmcd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Regardless of brand or money spent, here’s a trick to make them last longer and work better.

Spray WD-40 on a clean rag, pinch the rag on the wiper blade and thoroughly clean the blade. Firm pressure will help remove the tiny tar balls and other dirt that causes those annoying filament-like streaks.

cheers

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before you go and replace your "chattering" wiper blades, try cleaning them. Using a terry towel, wet with a few drops of your favorite dish liquid and pinch it along the cleaning edge of the blade running it back and forth a few times. This will remove the oxidation which causes the blade to become hard and chatter. The blades will soften and the chatter will disappear. I usually do this every time I clean my windows.

When that no longer works, I replace my blades with Rain-X.

Cheers

Bob

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rain-x

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I buy OEM once a year, needed or not. Pretty much same price as expensive 3rd party, and work just as well. So why bother with 3rd party?

Phaeton16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After watching Project Farm Video I purchased the Bosh Icon and never looked back. I like all his video product comparisons.

ManxDaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
I just cleaned my windshield with rubbing alcohol. Thoroughly cleaned the blades and installed Aquapel window treatment on our 2019 classic. We're in the Pacific Northwest and I only have to run the wipers under 25mph. The Aquapel is a PPG product and I swear by it. It'll last 6 months.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

bankshot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I don’t know about Aquapel, but if you drive at night, I would rather put oil on the windshield than rainx. Streaks, blurry headlights through rainx, and if you do not care for it, you can now remove it. That is just my experience, yours my be different. Like everything else, some like it and some don’t.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rain X latitude, hybrid or Michelin for me. But as hot as it gets here, I have to replace every 6 Months, SO I try to time out replace say in May and November. Just too hot on the glass and wipers just say bye. Wat happens when 100-110 out. TX weather at it's best. All IMHO.

Crazydragn64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A lot of great options mentioned, but I decided to stick with OEM # 5527744646AC. Last set lasted 3 years on my 2017 Ram Express Crew Cab.

OP
OP
M

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t know about Aquapel, but if you drive at night, I would rather put oil on the windshield than rainx. Streaks, blurry headlights through rainx, and if you do not care for it, you can now remove it. That is just my experience, yours my be different. Like everything else, some like it and some don’t.
That was my experience with RainX as well. When I’ve used their blades, I’ve felt like they left a film on the glass with a similar experience. I also get that when I pay for the upgraded car wash that sprays the wax on. Can’t see through the windshield for nothin’ after that.