Wiper blade refills?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Time to replace the wiper blades on our 2018 RAM 1500. Dealer does not sell or stock the wiper blade refills - had the same problem with our 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid, only replacement blade assembly available.

Did I miss a memo? For decades I've always replaced the wiper blades with OEM refills on dozens of cars (ours and various offspring). Seems wasteful (and pricey) to replace the whole dang arm when it's just the blade itself that's worn.

Send me a link if there is one for a Mopar blade refill for 2018 RAM 1500s. If not, send a link for the whole dang arm with blade.

Thx!

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Replacing just blades seems to be an outdated thing (que the complaints about our wasteful society). The entire arm assemblies are pretty easy these days. One thing I learned the hard way is that the Michelin/Costco wipers SUCK big time. I trust so many things from Costco, not to mention Michelin tires so I just blindly kept buying them until I finally realized they were turning to crap in well under a year. I switched to Rain-X from Walmart and have been very happy.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
One thing I learned the hard way is that the Michelin/Costco wipers SUCK big time. I trust so many things from Costco, not to mention Michelin tires
I'm thrilled I'm not the only one that has experienced those crappy worthless wiper blades. Typically, Costco does a much better job of vetting the products they sell but they screwed up with this junk.

I've been using the Bosh Icons on my vehicles. In the Michigan climate, I get three years of use before they show signs of needing replacement.

zrock

Reaction score
you want good but cheap blades go to your local truck shop. I sell complete wiper blades for a 1/4 of the price of anyone locally and they are good quality..

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Time to replace the wiper blades on our 2018 RAM 1500. Dealer does not sell or stock the wiper blade refills - had the same problem with our 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid, only replacement blade assembly available.

Did I miss a memo? For decades I've always replaced the wiper blades with OEM refills on dozens of cars (ours and various offspring). Seems wasteful (and pricey) to replace the whole dang arm when it's just the blade itself that's worn.

Send me a link if there is one for a Mopar blade refill for 2018 RAM 1500s. If not, send a link for the whole dang arm with blade.

Thx!
You're hilarious! You must have been sleeping for the last 20 years or so because they stopped selling refills many many years ago. :sleepy:

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thx!
Where did you go what did you do, we gave you allot of options, please respond back they are expensive but they last 2-3 years.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your stock blades lasted for 4 years, why not just buy another set of those? My blades are still the original ones and they still work great but when they need replacing I'm going to buy another set of those.

OP
OP
BlueGuyRedState
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Will try the rubbing alcohol trick before ordering replacement OEM blades (my default for years).

Winterizing travel trailer and entertaining Aunt Katharine and her dog Mr. Clark this weekend (she's a gas; 87 years old, still works 2-3 days a week at an Ace Hardware in Denver metro, makes a mean martini!).

Local Walmart mostly RainX, prefer OEM for about the same $$. Need to give interior windows another Invisible Glass cleaning before cold weather arrives for the season - lows here just now hitting 40s. Suggestions for interior window cleaning welcome: last time I used RainX on the exterior windows was a 1973 Mercury Capri! (2600 V6 4 speed, went like he** when parts weren't falling off), did newsprint and vinegar on the interior surfaces. Yeah, I'm that old...

Will report results once new blades installed, for other high desert dwellers (6,000 ft. altitude, low humidity and strong sunlight) information. As usual RAM Forum rocks!

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Haven't replaced my Ram blades yet but whenever I've needed blades for any other vehicle, I've just gone to my local O'Reilly's. Never had to buy the entire arm assembly; only the blades. I typically go with good quality models and the staff will even install them.