Wiper park position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 ho
2008 dodge ram 1500. Wiper motor was replaced last year. Everything has been fine until today. Wipers and controls function perfectly normal, just when turned off they always park in the middle of the windshield. Soon as turned on they travel the correct distance in both directions. My guess is it’s what ever in the wiper motor tells it it’s in the parked position is bad. Unless there is something else you guys think it could be. If not is there a way to test the motor for the park position? Thanks

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I'm reading it seems their is a metal tab in the wiper transmission that may bend? Did you do the wiper motor swap? Guess this is what you may need to look at and if it's a sealed non-serviceable unit, it will most likely need to be replaced

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Actually, in this country that would work out well. A guy could lift the wiper up for winter parking so it doesn't freeze to the window and makes cleaning snow off easier. Many vehicles have a winter position but Ram does not.

1705857906938.jpeg

OP
OP
R

RamRod302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 ho
So replaced wiper motor and transmission. Everything was back to normal. Go to use the washer fluid sprayer to clean the windshield and the wipers wouldn’t stop. Had to turn them on then off. When ever they are on there is no different speeds like high, low, or intermittent. When I turn them off they stopped dead where they are and don’t return to the home position. Any ideas? The TIPM was just inspected and serviced by MAC this summer. So my only guess would be the multifunction switch? Anybody have any knowledge to share? Thanks

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
had a F150 that used to do that. The wiper arm would slip on the knurl on the transmission. I had to keep adjusting it by tightening the bolt. eventually sold the truck.

Like jr27236 stated...having the transmission linkage correct makes a huge difference and of, course, the wiper motor manufacturer as well.