Wiring mirror folding switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Hello,

I want to try to make the mirrors auto folding when I switch the RAM on and off.
The switch in the door is just a puls switch so it sends just one signal for opening and closing.
I have found a schematic for the module in the door that controls the mirror motor but not for the switch.

N9h62Sp.jpg

Can someone help with a scheamtic for the switch or wich color is the wire that goes from the switch to the module?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Are you trying to make it auto open and close the mirrors on start or shut down or just trying to only make the manual mirror fold switch work?

Edit: sorry half asleep [emoji849] you should be able to set mirror fold options in your u connect settings. Seeing as you added the option I'm Guessing you'll likely need alfaobd to program This in sometimes it needs a different door module as well. But there are others who know that for sure.

Should be in lights and mirrors on ur u connect though.

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Thanks for the answer,

In my 2015 I can not set autofolding in Uconnect when I turn the engine off?

That is the reason I asked for the wiring to make it autofold in when I shut the engine off.

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I think you need to use alfaobd to make the option come up on the u connect. It's probly your best bet going that route as it should only need to be turned on

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
From A Quick read Alfa Wont help you. Sounds like it was only offered in laramies sorry to get ur hopes up. [emoji53] I'll do some more digging tomorrow.

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
I have a Laramie....but not that option.

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello,

I want to try to make the mirrors auto folding when I switch the RAM on and off.
The switch in the door is just a puls switch so it sends just one signal for opening and closing.
I have found a schematic for the module in the door that controls the mirror motor but not for the switch.

N9h62Sp.jpg

Can someone help with a scheamtic for the switch or wich color is the wire that goes from the switch to the module?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik.
It’s not possible via wiring. It’s a message that the BCM sends to the door modules via Lin Bus when the switch is pressed. The auto fold is not an option on any Ram. It is an option on the 2018 grand Cherokees, and I’ve tried using 2018 grand Cherokee door modules along with the AlfaOBD settings, but it still doesn’t work. So, it’s gotta be the BCM itself that isn’t capable of it. This is your best option- https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-ram/

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Thanks for the reply,

I want to try if it is possible trough the switch (that gives a signal on the LIN bus as you said), it is either a TTL signal (5v) or 12V or just a NC contact that is why I searching for a schematic wiring from the switch.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I took one of these apart. The 'switch' is really part of the PCB. There are some traces that end with tinned-copper pads. The button has a conductive pad on the bottom and shorts out the tinned-copper pads on the PCB. There is a 3/4" square IC on the board that seems be what reads the 'switches' and send the LIN bus messages. This is a multilayer PCB.

Are planning to try to "pick up" the 'switch' leads and run them to a relay? Maybe then create a circuit that cycles the relay 2 seconds after it gets power or 12v signal key switched signal and then does the same 2 seconds after it loses power or the 12v key switched signal?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
With Lin bus/ can bus there is only a power and a ground in simple terms. Your absolute best bet would be as above stated, find the two pins that the pad contacts on. Solder a wire on each end and then id hook that to a normally open relay hooked to the door locks, so when your door lock is activated it snaps your relay open for a second enough to cross the connection in the button panel for your manual mirror fold selector and opens and closes the mirrors.
If the lock is three wire you'd just need to use two relays. It's pretty simple.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the reply,

I want to try if it is possible trough the switch (that gives a signal on the LIN bus as you said), it is either a TTL signal (5v) or 12V or just a NC contact that is why I searching for a schematic wiring from the switch.
ejt3GA3.jpg

OP
OP
Activate

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
I think it can works with this IC :

PYf2TGN.jpg

On the out can be connected to a relay that can be used for ground to switch, +12v to switch 5VTTL to switch...

To jimmy07 : I have that schematic too but there is no mention of the folding switch?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think it can works with this IC :

PYf2TGN.jpg

On the out can be connected to a relay that can be used for ground to switch, +12v to switch 5VTTL to switch...

To jimmy07 : I have that schematic too but there is no mention of the folding switch?
Those two lin bus wires handle all of the buttons- left/ right mirror select, mirror up down left right, etc

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Then I have to buy for sure a used one and see if I get the switch working with the trigger IC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-Sid...414590&hash=item445152d651:g:kcgAAOSwUeVeHGSy

or this one...
Lol. That would definitely be a good candidate to rip apart. I bought one from that same seller for a grand Cherokee because all of the buttons for the grand Cherokee switches are illuminated. Well, they were all illuminated. Each one was a different color blue/green, and one was orange. Good news is, it said it would be a month shipping, but I got it in less than a week.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have one boxed up and ready to ship. I was giving it away in the for sale section. PM me with who to send it to and its yours to experiment with.

PM sent to Activate.

JRI2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would think that hundreds of repeated cycles will wear out motors and linkages. They are not the most robust mechanisms I've seen.