Wish the 4th gens could have better spark plugs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Seems like worst case if I change them I get a code and have to change the coils too. If I just did a plug change and everything is greased thats a pretty easy swap

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't changed them, but they're due so I plan on it. Have no intention of changing the coil pack since its listed as oe replacement pre gapped at .044. NGK 92145

Thanks

Mine 2011 has 46000 miles on it and I got the New Mopar Plugs a couple years ago with a coupon the sent me for free, but I was going to install them at 50000.

for anyone wanting to do it them selves pick up this tool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014ZVSVK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a video on youtube showing the change and with this socket it really looks pretty easy to do the left side by the brake booster

Big Blue Hemi

Keep on keeping on
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
I would like to upgrade several things in my 2012 but my mechanic is a purist who doesn't believe in doing anything "non stock".
He doesn't like the plugs I installed and refuses to install the lowering rear springs but he is my go to guy. Former Ram mechanic.

My17DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about these Brisk Silver Spark Plugs - I keep hearing about ? What is the mileage limit on these vs the Newer NGK plugs that go to 100k ? Are the Silver Plugs better on MPG ?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What about these Brisk Silver Spark Plugs - I keep hearing about ? What is the mileage limit on these vs the Newer NGK plugs that go to 100k ? Are the Silver Plugs better on MPG ?

On silver plugs I wouldn't expect much more than the copper plugs if anything at all. Those plugs are really designed to light off exotic fuel mixtures due to the nature of silver, not last any longer. I've only really seen them being run with a lot of boost on e85/race gas or tons of spray. They are also spec'd in some older Euro performance cars as the OE plug, but that's a rarity to see here in the states.

My17DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On silver plugs I wouldn't expect much more than the copper plugs if anything at all. Those plugs are really designed to light off exotic fuel mixtures due to the nature of silver, not last any longer. I've only really seen them being run with a lot of boost on e85/race gas or tons of spray. They are also spec'd in some older Euro performance cars as the OE plug, but that's a rarity to see here in the states.

Well the following Website Sells these Plugs but limited information is given on how many miles on the plugs and what the numbers look like , etc.....

http://www.modernmusclextreme.com/c-267-hemi-performance-spark-plugs.aspx

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well the following Website Sells these Plugs but limited information is given on how many miles on the plugs and what the numbers look like , etc.....

http://www.modernmusclextreme.com/c-267-hemi-performance-spark-plugs.aspx

Brisk is a local company to Texas about 4 hours away from me. Nothing wrong with their plugs at all, but like I said the silver plugs are basically targeted at racing/niche applications with non-standard fuel, high compression, high boost or spray. The reason mileage isn't given is the plug isn't targeted at your normal consumer that's just going to cruise the street and doesn't want short maintenance intervals. Depending on their usage they could last a decent while or be trashed really quickly like other components in racing engines. One advantage over copper on something stock I suppose would be their fouling resistance if you happen to burning a ton of oil. If you feel like spending the extra cash they are an option and should perform well at lighting off fuel, but one might say a bit overkill.

They don't just sell silver plugs, but most of their applications are more on the racing/performance side of things rather than something you would take down the street to get your groceries... Unless your grocery getter happens to be a Lambo or a stock car.

https://www.briskracing.com/brisk-racing-silver-spark-plugs

If you really want to try them out I wouldn't recommend against it outside of the issue of price, but I also wouldn't go in expecting the kind of life you get out of an iridium plug in a daily driver.

My17DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brisk is a local company to Texas about 4 hours away from me. Nothing wrong with their plugs at all, but like I said the silver plugs are basically targeted at racing/niche applications with non-standard fuel, high compression, high boost or spray. The reason mileage isn't given is the plug isn't targeted at your normal consumer that's just going to cruise the street and doesn't want short maintenance intervals. Depending on their usage they could last a decent while or be trashed really quickly like other components in racing engines. One advantage over copper on something stock I suppose would be their fouling resistance if you happen to burning a ton of oil. If you feel like spending the extra cash they are an option and should perform well at lighting off fuel, but one might say a bit overkill.

They don't just sell silver plugs, but most of their applications are more on the racing/performance side of things rather than something you would take down the street to get your groceries... Unless your grocery getter happens to be a Lambo or a stock car.

https://www.briskracing.com/brisk-racing-silver-spark-plugs

If you really want to try them out I wouldn't recommend against it outside of the issue of price, but I also wouldn't go in expecting the kind of life you get out of an iridium plug in a daily driver.

Is it possible to run BRISK SILVER SPARK PLUGS in a stock application?

I will not be using these BRISK SILVER SPARK PLUGS as a racing application *most of the driving will be between 35 to 70 mph -with distances of 150 miles round trip-

I am currently running NGK plugs in my 2017 now but it would nice to know other alternatives :O)

Nitroharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just have to love FCA for their willingness to share information......direct from the 2013 owners manual. No part number given. Just hey come buy them from us!!!!!!

Spark Plugs – 5.7L Engine We recommend you use MOPAR® Spark Plugs (Gap 0.043 in [1.1 mm])

Marczing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Outdoormen
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ngk website recommends iridium's. For all hemi as per FCA.

SidVicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Yes I wish I had the 100k mile plugs, but if you do your plug change the first time and put some anti seize on the threads, dielectric on the booty, it will be an easier job the next time. They say 30k, but a lot of guys take them off at 30k and they are still in good shape. Depends where you live and maybe stuff like what gas you use. If you change your own, you can kinda gauge of you need them changed at 30k or not. The problem I see is you didn't ask for the old plugs? That way you can see what shape they are in, plus verify they actually changed them, sorry I don't trust anyone after a shop charged me for a back brake job and didn't do it at all, I found out because I had another issue with the work so I had everything inspected. Sued and won, but that shop was a bunch of crooks. Also, if you do it yourself you can put each plug in a different cup or mark them. You can see if any carbon issues and what cylinder that came from. Plugs tell a story if you listen.
Don't use Anti-Seize on your plugs. (U can find all the info online, Not recommend at all)