WOW, SOME SERIOUS TORQUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregory McKinley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Rolling down the interstate, light rain falling!!! Went to accelerate from the granny lane to the mid lane to pick up speed and pass. The damn ass end started to whip around on me hard. DAMN!!! let off the pedal to let her get its **** together. Lesson learned. I was moving about 65 and did a gradual pickup of speed, not pedal to the metal masher. Anybody else here run into this. I know you have to at one time or another. Tons of TORQUE!!!!!!!!! Have a 3.21 rear end. I will look into adding some weight into the bed and see if that give me more traction. Other wise I will have to granny it in the rain. LOVE THE PONIES though!!!!:burnout::burnout::burnout:

OP
OP
Gregory McKinley

Gregory McKinley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Try Pedal Commander sport plus 4. PIA in the rain.

I will look into it!!! Will this void the warranty? Also I am assuming that this will smooth the transition when the transmission kicks down while passing and smooth out the acceleration???

OP
OP
Gregory McKinley

Gregory McKinley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
I see you’ve found the limitations of the stock tires.... or a nice oily road with a sheen of water!

Probably all of the above. Run my Stang down the oneway numerous times. Have lost traction down the track on occasion, but never kicked out like this. I was looking into the Pedal Commander on You Tube. Would like to test one for myself. Do not know if it would correct this situation or not. If you go with a tire that has a softer compound like my drag radials, would be buying tires every six months. Current tires are brand new. Lol I will do some experimenting with adding some weight also to the bed.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Probably all of the above. Run my Stang down the oneway numerous times. Have lost traction down the track on occasion, but never kicked out like this. I was looking into the Pedal Commander on You Tube. Would like to test one for myself. Do not know if it would correct this situation or not. If you go with a tire that has a softer compound like my drag radials, would be buying tires every six months. Current tires are brand new. Lol I will do some experimenting with adding some weight also to the bed.

Pedal Commander in the setting he suggested would make the situation a lot worse. He was saying it was a pain in the ass. However, at a more moderate setting, it reduces pedal lag, and therefore allows power to increase more predictably. I highly recommend the PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will look into it!!! Will this void the warranty? Also I am assuming that this will smooth the transition when the transmission kicks down while passing and smooth out the acceleration???

he is referring to this, https://gotexhaust.com/b-95833-1183848-pedal-commander.html . Lots of RAM owners run one, myself included. Gets rid of the throttle lag and makes the truck much more responsive.

If you want one be sure to use promo code PC5 on our site during checkout for a discount and free shipping!

OP
OP
Gregory McKinley

Gregory McKinley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tire came on your ram from the factory?

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the observant, I wasn't implying PC on Sport+ 4 setting would help him in his situation.

The aforementioned post stated it was a pain in the ass even more so.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
To the observant, I wasn't implying PC on Sport+ 4 setting would help him in his situation.

The aforementioned post stated it was a pain in the ass even more so.

Yeah I got it lol I think he read it quickly and excitedly. PC is a great suggestion though. That’s how the damn truck should come.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Stock tires are trash is the main reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I got it lol I think he read it quickly and excitedly. PC is a great suggestion though. That’s how the damn truck should come.

I run my pc on sport+ 2+ lol driving is interesting even on dry pavement rain is beyond fun lol

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny thing, yesterday going to work it was raining. I went to pass, felt some slipping, when i hit about 75 mph and almost lost it. I have a 2018 with 15000 miles . The stock tires I believe are the problem.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Funny thing, yesterday going to work it was raining. I went to pass, felt some slipping, when i hit about 75 mph and almost lost it. I have a 2018 with 15000 miles . The stock tires I believe are the problem.
Its exactly this they are junk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Stock tires are trash is the main reason.

I only test drove my truck on the stock tires. Had them swap out to my Blizzaks for winter before I picked it up. Sold the stockers for $450 within 1 day of picking it up.

Will go with Nitto G2 or Dura Tracs come spring. Hopefully in a 12.50x35 size, Just need to figure out how I'm going to do that.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I only test drove my truck on the stock tires. Had them swap out to my Blizzaks for winter before I picked it up. Sold the stockers for $450 within 1 day of picking it up.

Will go with Nitto G2 or Dura Tracs come spring. Hopefully in a 12.50x35 size, Just need to figure out how I'm going to do that.
Good stuff I would assume 35s would fit with a level?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.