WTB: Console Safe for 2019 and Newer Ram 1500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
I want to buy a console safe for a 2019 or newer Ram 1500 Laramie. Please contact me by PM.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Phone them they are very helpful and easy to deal with

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I've got one in mine. The electronic lock is alright, but not nearly worth the price difference considering they're a cheap cabinet lock. I got mine used so I didn't have the significant price difference. I think the lock is still secure enough. Just not worth the $150 difference when buying new when it's pennies on the dollar to buy the lock directly from Guub and add it yourself.

brunzca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (non-Etorque)

I've got one in mine. The electronic lock is alright, but not nearly worth the price difference considering they're a cheap cabinet lock. I got mine used so I didn't have the significant price difference. I think the lock is still secure enough. Just not worth the $150 difference when buying new when it's pennies on the dollar to buy the lock directly from Guub and add it yourself.

I'm going to be purchasing a console safe soon, and this is very interesting, as I really want the electronic lock, but all about saving a couple bucks. Checked this link - looks like you can only buy these in bulk, like 50+ of them? I found some similar ones on Amazon, so probably could find something that will work - but, I know nothing about safes...

So - Would I need to get the one with the combination lock, or the key lock, to swap it out? And, is it easy to switch? I've been trying to google/find something on Youtube for directions, but no luck...

thanks!

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to be purchasing a console safe soon, and this is very interesting, as I really want the electronic lock, but all about saving a couple bucks. Checked this link - looks like you can only buy these in bulk, like 50+ of them? I found some similar ones on Amazon, so probably could find something that will work - but, I know nothing about safes...

So - Would I need to get the one with the combination lock, or the key lock, to swap it out? And, is it easy to switch? I've been trying to google/find something on Youtube for directions, but no luck...

thanks!
I honestly don't know the answer to that. I'd probably contact the company with a line that you'd like to buy a safe but might want to upgrade to an electronic lock at a later date and see if they say which safe they say would be a compatible option for a later installed electronic lock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452