yea another tire question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thesmoother

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 sxt
Engine
i love my truck, im going after a srt-10 look. however even with the srt the tires looked great from profile but behind anemic and skinny. mine are on 20 rims but 9in wide makes he look even smaller.
my quest is im swapping my wheels but want to get the max width on the rear. i can see only two inches before hitting the spring but mostly concerned about the huge lip pokes out over an inch on the wheel arch. when lowering it and suspension cycles down from a bump it will hit.
this is very important to me as the right wheel combo and look makes a car!! ill go as far as moving the rear leaf springs inboard more or hopefully not buy four link it if i must. hopefully doesnt come to that. ideally if i can fit a 11.5"w tire would look nice with the 20" rim. if i have to heavily mod the suspension ill go much bigger but again...really dont want to.
anyone been here before?
ive raced and modified motorcycles mot my life and my truck was just to get me to Daytona or VIR raceway, now i need help modding it from my fellow owners. thanks guys!!

btw: only mods ive bought and yet to install are twin 68mm turbos and a 3"/2" full suspension drop. so i have a clean canvas to work with. before any smart **** says 68mm are too small they are not if u want no lag and most the power low/mid range since truck is heavy. not gonna be running 160mph in it.