Looking for some advice/assistance....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ssryder13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Let me start by apologizing for the long post. I have a 2012 Ram 1500, Express (I believe). Have about 80k on it. A few months ago the AC went out, I have extended warranty so I took it to the dealership I purchased it from (Not a Ram dealer, and the Ram dealers around here are crooks imo) they covered the repair under my warranty. I believe it was the evaporator core they replaced either way they told me they had to remove my entire dash to replace the part. I paid my deductible, AC is working and I am on my way. A few days later I start to notice a banging sound from behind my dash when I go over bumps, and the same kind of noise anytime I pull on my steering wheel. I go round and round with them regarding the noise and they cannot seem to reproduce the noise. I drive with one of the techs and he hears the noise. They take my truck back in to see if they can locate this noise. My truck was at the dealer for 5 days, they claim they have found and fixed the noise but it did not have anything to do with the work they had done. They claim if was a loose bolt in my step bar, I should add that they are now wanting to charge me $173 for this "repair". Get that sorted out, leave with my truck.

On the way home my ETC(Electronic Throttle Control) warning light flashes and I loose all power for a few seconds, light goes away and power comes back. This has happened a few times now. My ESC (Electronic Stability Control) warning light comes on and stays on after about 10 mins of driving. My remote start (DB-All express kit) no longer works. I thought that maybe something in the remote start was causing an issue since it stopped working. I pulled it out and both issues continued to happen.

Any idea what could be causing these issues? I am more than likely take it to the dodge dealership against my better judgement, they have to fix my exhaust manifold anyways...

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd get it to Dodge and let them sort it out under your extended warranty.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd get it to Dodge and let them sort it out under your extended warranty.

What he said... that's what dodge is here for, granted, some are bad, but most are good!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yep, agreed with the others. They are better equipped to figure those kind of issues out. I hope it's not faulty workmanship by the shop that did the ac work.

When i spun wrenches for a living, i found it was way harder to find and fix someone else's screw up than it was to do it right the first time. Good luck

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
Glad they found the cause. Crazy what little things can do.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are supposed to replace the brake switch if it is removed and you have to remove it to pull the dash