HELP Bils 5100 install in progess, problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,
My truck is torn down for bilstein 5100 install. Problem, old ones were KYB aftermarket and now I need this part as it is missing on boith sides. First what is it called what is the part# and is it available? 2011 QC ram1500 ST 4wd.
See picture for what I am talking about. Cannot install because no lower spring cup???? thgey are not on the KYBs Help please. To clarify the KYBs have the sping cup built i need the lower cups for the 5100s as they do not have the spring cups

Mike

shock.jpg

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi All,
My truck is torn down for bilstein 5100 install. Problem, old ones were KYB aftermarket and now I need this part as it is missing on boith sides. First what is it called what is the part# and is it available? 2011 QC ram1500 ST 4wd.
See picture for what I am talking about. Cannot install because no lower spring cup???? thgey are not on the KYBs Help please. To clarify the KYBs have the sping cup built i need the lower cups for the 5100s as they do not have the spring cups

Mike

shock.jpg

Can you not remove the on from the KYB's?? According to the IPB I looked at you can't just buy that piece. I would consider it a lower spring seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you not remove the on from the KYB's?? According to the IPB I looked at you can't just buy that piece. I would consider it a lower spring seat.

Nope cannot remove them. They are part of the KYB spacer.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you hit the bottom of the spring seat towards the top of the strut, will it not come off? This is what you have to do with the stock shocks. It looked like the spring seats were attached to the housing, but they actually just slide on there.

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok found a set. will have tomorrow. Will get the part# after I get them and verify. :)
Thanks everyone for getting me headed in the right direction. Hell just knowing what they were called made the difference. LOL!! I'm so out of touch as I get old.
MK

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good deal! Curious..where did you find them? Or did you get the whole shock assemblies?

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good deal! Curious..where did you find them? Or did you get the whole shock assemblies?
I found a dodge parts man that knows what he is looking for once I new what to call the damn thing. LOL!! Like I said nomenclature is everything.
MK

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Good luck with the rest of the install. Mine took about 4-5 times longer than it should have. Spent a good 7-8 hours just getting the nuts off the top of the struts because they were so rusted. Impact wouldn't touch them. Ended up having to drill both of them out.

jljbtm

Reaction score
If that lower spring seat isn't welded on you would think you could knock it up and off, like jcarden10 said

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that was a CF. No Dodge does not have that part. Bilstein says that Dodge has a kit for this??? Dodge says they don't. The Bilstein guy and the Dodge Parts guy argued about it on the phone LOL!! Bilstein says now I have to source this out from Moog. Now Moog says not a chance that we have that. They have a seat bushing not the same thing.. So now I will be hitting the junk yards trying to find a used set of Stock struts so I can knock off the parts I need. Really you would think a company like Bilstein would have a solution for this. If it were not for the fact that the rears have been installed and I purchased this as a set. I would ship the whole damn mess back. If anyone has a set of stock struts that have been replaced with something new and still has the lower spring seats that can be knocked off please let me know I will buy them.
Thanks
Mike

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
F me I don't have enough posts to start a thread in the wanted section. I really need a set of used OEM struts, no air suspension that 2010, 2011 fit 4x4 QC hemi. So i can get the lower spring seats.
mk

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The spring seat should be the same no matter what. They only difference between the 2WD and 4WD might just be the stiffness of the spring.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree with Backwoods. The spring seats are probably the same. Look the same at least.

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok will do some more research then pull the trigger. :)Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well we will see , Put in a make offer for both of the first listing as there were 2 and it was excepted. So hopefully that is not $80 shipped for the pair not wasted LOL!!

OP
OP
M

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GOOD NEWS!! The parts came in and they fit. So now to go to the shop get it on the lift and install the fronts. Thinking I'm going to go with 2.1 setting.
Thanks everyone for your advice and help.
MK