Zone v superlift 300 difference!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mid November i'm really going to be thinking about finally going with the full lift on top of my body lift. Im tired of having a small truck :roflsquared:

I noticed i could get a 6" superlift for essentially 1,308 (non bil version, i already have bils upfront)

The zone is going to be at least 1600 for the 5" rear.

Now i know rcx is out of the question since they don't use rear coils but from what i can tell zone and superlift are very comparable.

Any input? that 300 could go towards the install!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's the difference in warranty? This could be worth $300.

Not just the lift warranty , but if your gonna have a shop install the lift , what is their warranty? Does their warranty differ with lift kit manufacturers ?

Zone seems to be more popular here on the forum...
I've heard of folks commenting on how good BDS &ZONE lift warranty is .
I don't recall comments on superlifts warranty.
I've heard people say the Mopar lifts are rebranded Superlifts?
I believe Mopar only goes up to 4" though ...

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm pretty sure mopar charges way more too lol. But i guess since they use the lift it has to be alright...using 'alright' loosely lol.

as for the warranty superlift is limited lifetime, as in if something just fails they will replace it as long as its not from my own doing..which they have to prove.

zones warranty is the same. BDS has the really good warranty but i wont be spending that amount of money.

id have to check with the shop but they're pretty good so im sure a warranty there wont be a problem

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read on here not long ago that a guy was told by his dealer that they would warranty the 6" superlift he had installed because it was the same as the Mopar lifts ?
I would get that in writing. ..lol

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
lmao i definitely would not be going to a dealer for a lift install! Id probably be paying them 2 grand to install it at the rates they charge!

half my warranties are useless already anyway hahah

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I read on here not long ago that a guy was told by his dealer that they would warranty the 6" superlift he had installed because it was the same as the Mopar lifts ?
I would get that in writing. ..lol
Maybe they'd let smaller things like balljoints and whatnot slide...but if something had to be reviewed by Chrysler...I can't imagine how the dealer would have any say in the warranty claim, unless of course they're willing to warranty it at their own cost.

Would definitely want that in writing, lol.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Maybe they'd let smaller things like balljoints and whatnot slide...but if something had to be reviewed by Chrysler...I can't imagine how the dealer would have any say in the warranty claim, unless of course they're willing to warranty it at their own cost.

Would definitely want that in writing, lol.

The dealer can make a BIG difference in helping or hindering a warranty claim. My jeep dealer was pretty good about getting stuff covered. I had transmission work and axle work done even though I had a 3.5" lift, 35" tires, and my axle was trussed and regeared. Chrysler wanted pics so the dealer removed my beat to **** skid plates and pressure washed the undercarriage and took pics to send to Chrysler. Reported it was in very good condition. Replaced transmission under warranty. They did charge me $65.00 service charge, but I didn't complain. I had other friends go to different dealers and were told they could not warranty it because larger tires put strain on the transmission and caused it to go out.

just my experience

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The dealer can make a BIG difference in helping or hindering a warranty claim. My jeep dealer was pretty good about getting stuff covered. I had transmission work and axle work done even though I had a 3.5" lift, 35" tires, and my axle was trussed and regeared. Chrysler wanted pics so the dealer removed my beat to **** skid plates and pressure washed the undercarriage and took pics to send to Chrysler. Reported it was in very good condition. Replaced transmission under warranty. They did charge me $65.00 service charge, but I didn't complain. I had other friends go to different dealers and were told they could not warranty it because larger tires put strain on the transmission and caused it to go out.

just my experience

sounds like you have an awesome dealer.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
well i ended up ordering a 6" superlift. Scored it for $1079.97! saved a ton of money there. Im probably going to just take a few days and do the install myself then have a shop align it

thebrow89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have personally installed 3 of the zone lifts and at least half a dozen superlifts. all 4 to 6 in. i did a super lift on my personal truck. the super lift fits much better. very well built kit. the zone is cheaply made and most of th brackets have to be fought into place. im running a 37in tire in my1500 and with the lift and tires i ride 10in higher than factory. you will not be dissapointed

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have personally installed 3 of the zone lifts and at least half a dozen superlifts. all 4 to 6 in. i did a super lift on my personal truck. the super lift fits much better. very well built kit. the zone is cheaply made and most of th brackets have to be fought into place. im running a 37in tire in my1500 and with the lift and tires i ride 10in higher than factory. you will not be dissapointed
Good to here actual install experience !
Welcome to the forum sir ! We need as many techs we can get .
So I've heard people say the Mopar lift kits are just rebranded Superlifts ? What say you sir ?
And again welcome to the RAM Forum!

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
well i ended up ordering a 6" superlift. Scored it for $1079.97! saved a ton of money there. Im probably going to just take a few days and do the install myself then have a shop align it

WTF!!! Where'd you get a deal like that. Please pass that info along :happy107:

At that price, I'd have to get yelled at and order it ASAP! Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

At that price, I'd have to get yelled at and order it ASAP! Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

well i got it from auto anything. I had to chat with someone since i could not find the 6" for the 2014 ram. They had it but it was only labeled for 2012 rams on thee site (still the same part number) and i confirmed on the superlift site that it would work.

And anyway its 'on sale' from super lift 1349..idk if that is really on sale or there normal price.

but anyway i normally get a 16% discount for being a ramforumz member but it was not working so the service rep was nice enough to give me a 20% spooctacular discount.

Maybe if you talk to someone you can get the same. I would have been happy with the 16%!

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

thats good to hear, ill have about 10-11 inches of total lift. need some bigger tires now!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow ! Pictures please !

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow ! Pictures please !

ill get some when its all together, i didnt order the tires and wheels yet. Gotta pay off some other stuff first

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Had to check out Autoanything and sure enough, that deal is legit! With inspiration from the aforementioned post, I put my big boy britches and placed my order! Too sweet of a deal to pass up, I'm sure the CFO will agree :hidesbehindsofa:

Oh ya, they have a 20% off promo going on thru tomorrow, just in case anyone else wants to jump off the cliff too!

Last edited:

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
I got rims and tires for sale in the classifieds that would look sweet on your rigs

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had to check out Autoanything and sure enough, that deal is legit! With inspiration from the aforementioned post, I put my big boy britches and placed my order! Too sweet of a deal to pass up, I'm sure the CFO will agree :hidesbehindsofa:

Oh ya, they have a 20% off promo going on thru tomorrow, just in case anyone else wants to jump off the cliff too!

hahah didn't believe me did ya! Get-em while they're hot! About to start a new superlift trend over here!

I got rims and tires for sale in the classifieds that would look sweet on your rigs

i know i know i saw them but unfortunately my wallet might light on fire unless i put a few more paychecks into the bank! Who knows, if you have them in december i might be all over them

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ill get some when its all together, i didnt order the tires and wheels yet. Gotta pay off some other stuff first
Pictures or it didn't happen ! LOL !