Halogen to led headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motomech09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the site and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area but hope someone can help. I have a 2015 ram 1500 5.7 hemi with non projector headlights. I have since switched them out for h11 LED headlights but they flicker and eventually just turn off. Now they come back on once I Shut the truck off and turn it back on. I tried an anti flicker setup for vigo but the resister diod gets extremely hot. Can anyone help me out with what to do or maybe a set of headlights that'll work or an anti flicker device that'll work? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Guinnesslaxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2014 Bighorn and have OPT7 Fluxbeam bulbs in my quad headlights. Been running them for more than 2 years and no issues. Great bulb imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
I can't help much but I just installed the opt 7 fluxbeam x and no issues. I do know from others that the 2015 and up seen to have more issues than previous models.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm new to the site and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area but hope someone can help. I have a 2015 ram 1500 5.7 hemi with non projector headlights. I have since switched them out for h11 LED headlights but they flicker and eventually just turn off. Now they come back on once I Shut the truck off and turn it back on. I tried an anti flicker setup for vigo but the resister diod gets extremely hot. Can anyone help me out with what to do or maybe a set of headlights that'll work or an anti flicker device that'll work? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I've heard of this happening with HID bulbs, but not LED'S. What brand did you buy? There are several of us that have had good luck with OPT7 LED bulbs. I've had them (Fluxbeam-X) in my truck for about 2 months and I love them. Some have had fm radio interference, but not all. I lost 3 weak stations, but that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I would contact Jeremy at retroshop.us

OP
OP
Motomech09

Motomech09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard of this happening with HID bulbs, but not LED'S. What brand did you buy? There are several of us that have had good luck with OPT7 LED bulbs. I've had them (Fluxbeam-X) in my truck for about 2 months and I love them. Some have had fm radio interference, but not all. I lost 3 weak stations, but that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought lasfit led and they worked great... When they worked. I will be checking out the fluxbeam bulbs out since everyone seems to have good luck with them. Although I will say to,do anything with this truck is a pain.I have been told it is totally wired different that previous truck. I appreciate all the advice thank you

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed the fluxbeam x h13's in my duals this past weekend and drove 2 1/2 this morning and they performed flawless. No radio interference at all. And I have a 2010.