Help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys just put in new OEM projectors and used retros harness. Everything works GREAT except I noticed my amber light on the drivers side isn't working when the lights are on but does work when I turn the turn signal on. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey guys just put in new OEM projectors and used retros harness. Everything works GREAT except I noticed my amber light on the drivers side isn't working when the lights are on but does work when I turn the turn signal on. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks
There could be a loose wire in your retroshop adapter or a broken connection. Or you bought broken projectors.

Did you buy your lights brand new or used?

Try switching the retroshop adapters from one side to the other. See if the problem follows the adapter. If it does, then its an adapter problem. If it stays the same even after switching adapters then its a headlight problem.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're used but in great condition. I'm just confused because every light is working, the amber led even flashes with i lock and unlock the truck but doesn't come on when I turn the headlights on?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Are you sure it's supposed to? I will check to see if mine are always on when I turn my lights on

OP
OP
A

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya, I mean the passenger side is on so I'm assuming they're suppose to be? Just can't figure out for the life of me why every other function works except that one. If nothing worked I would say the leds were bad or something, but it's just this one thing

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Ahh ok, I must have skipped over the part where you said the passenger side was on

OP
OP
A

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to mention I noticed some fogging happening also, is that normal for the projectors?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I would try what onsale said. Swap the adapters and see what happens

OP
OP
A

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured it out, looked over all the wires thoroughly and realized one wire came undone, so everything is now working great! Thanks for the help guys, got my brain working lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 13