ac vent issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K.B.Warren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
anyone have an issue of a/c dash vents not blowing, apparently vents not opening. hear a popping from lower center dash

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the blend door motor is bad or stripped the gears inside it. If it only blows out of the heat vents on the floor this is the BD motor.

You can try and take it back to the dealer and have them do a K-17 recall.

If you want to do it yourself it is not that difficult and you can get the motor from Chrysler for about 40 to 50 dollars.

bphays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine just started doing the same thing today. Heard the popping/knocking from the lower center dash and now I only get air blowing on the feet. What's the K-17 recall?

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the blend door motor in the center.

P8210404_zps55610ad9.jpg

P8210407_zpsc6bc38dd.jpg

P8210409_zps8d6ffcd4.jpg]

Last edited:

bphays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called my dealer this morning and she tells me that the recall has already been applied to my truck. I looked back at my records and, sure enough, it has. The recall says up to "4 hours" to replace the mode door actuators, however, the repair record has only a .5 listed as the hours required to complete the entire repair. What do you think...am I still covered under the recall?

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may want to call Chrysler customer service and see if they will cover this. Complain a little but be nice.

bphays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I just got off the phone with Chrysler customer service and Kayla said that they will do the recall again with no charge. Got the case number as well so my dealer can refer back to the conversation. Happy Ram owner still.

bphays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:banghead: UGH!! Apparently the K17 recall only covers the "DOOR" and not the actuactor to move the door. $40.95 for the part...$147.00 for labor. I think I'm in the wrong business. At least I have AC again.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
:banghead: UGH!! Apparently the K17 recall only covers the "DOOR" and not the actuactor to move the door. $40.95 for the part...$147.00 for labor. I think I'm in the wrong business. At least I have AC again.

That's incorrect here is a quote from the recall notice
Chrysler will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this,
your dealer will update the HVAC control head software and test all of the HVAC
mode door actuators. The software update will take about 1/2 hour to complete. If
there are mode door actuators that need replacing, up to 4 additional hours may be
required. We recommend that you make an appointment with your dealer to
minimize your inconvenience.
The actuators are covered as well as the labor. Call Chrysler again your the dealership either screwed up or ripped you off....or actually it could be both.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Well, I just got off the phone with Chrysler customer service and Kayla said that they will do the recall again with no charge. Got the case number as well so my dealer can refer back to the conversation. Happy Ram owner still.

I've had fine fixed twice.

First was the reprogram and it was fine for about 5 months. Then it started doing it again only when I started the truck up.

They replaced the whole thing. Been fine so far.