Interior trim removal for vinyl wrapping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 big horn. I want to wrap the interior trim pieces in vinyl. I attempted to wrap the chrome trim above the driver arm rest while it was still attached to the door. Failure. I don't see how the edges could possibly look good without being able to wrap the vinyl all the way around the trim.

Do these trim pieces come off the doors? If so, how?

I know the far right and left air vents pop out so those will be easy.

How about the two air vents in the center console? I know the entire unit pulls out, but can the vents then be removed from the main unit? Can the chrome trim that circles around the vents and radio be removed?

Lastly, does the chrome bezel on the console between the drive and passenger seat pop off? How?

I thought I'd ask prior to prying.

Thanks guys. I'm trying my best to make my interior look like a rebel interior.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 348

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm getting ready ready to start wrapping my interior in carbon fiber. On my '14 Sport, the
center console bezel does come off, I initialy slid a credit card between the bezel and the console and gently popped it off. Someone has said that newer models ('15 and up) can't do this. Go gently incase your truck is an early adaptor.

OP
OP
Hawki1cr

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip. Any idea on the doors?

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think Quietpeen did his doors, anyhow, whoever it was left the panels on so I don't think the chrome piece is removable.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same question of how to remove the chrome trim around the cup holder in the center console. I have a 2016 Sport. I have already tried to pry up the trim and pop it off but it didnt come with allot of pressure. I assume that its attached where it wont come off

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From what others have posted, you are correct.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I didn't do my doors but I did do the chrome ring around the radio, the center console, and the vents....on my 2016 the vents are the only ones I could get separated. All the other pieces are plastic welded on.

Now you could cut the plastic welds off and then reinstall with little screws and washers.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a video of how to remove the center console to get at the chrome trim ring?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Does anyone have a video of how to remove the center console to get at the chrome trim ring?
your chrome ring on your center console and your radio bezel don't pop off. Now if you are looking to cut off the plastic welds that is a different story.

MCBLACK1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone found any photos of how it would look with white around the bezel, and chrome ring? For some reason with all the black and grey leather I have in 2013 big horn I think the white could really pop like the red does in the rebel trim color. Any advice on vinyl or paint would be much appreciated!?

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone found any photos of how it would look with white around the bezel, and chrome ring? For some reason with all the black and grey leather I have in 2013 big horn I think the white could really pop like the red does in the rebel trim color. Any advice on vinyl or paint would be much appreciated!?
I did all my chrome with red plasti-dip in my 2011. Truck is a fire red colour. I didn’t like the plasti-dip over time and just took off the dash dip and left the door handles as they were not bad. I may try something different like a carbon fibre or black wrap.

MCBLACK1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did all my chrome with red plasti-dip in my 2011. Truck is a fire red colour. I didn’t like the plasti-dip over time and just took off the dash dip and left the door handles as they were not bad. I may try something different like a carbon fibre or black wrap.
Do you have any photos of it to post? and did you do the grey around the vents not necessarily the entire center console housing?

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have any photos of it to post? and did you do the grey around the vents not necessarily the entire center console housing?
The only part I left on inside around my door handles. I had all the grey and chrome wrapped. It was just black and red on the inside. I pulled out the whole cover (radio) and pulled out the vents. And wrapped them. It not hard and I wish I could provide you step by step but I kind of forget, I know there is bolts on top under the little rubber mat on the dash and a couple under in front of the shifter. You have to pull the chrome piece around the shifter out and the grey cover around the shifter.

I’ll post up a pic on the handles but I don’t have any on the dash. I may do it again, just a carbon fibre wrap this time though.

MCBLACK1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only part I left on inside around my door handles. I had all the grey and chrome wrapped. It was just black and red on the inside. I pulled out the whole cover (radio) and pulled out the vents. And wrapped them. It not hard and I wish I could provide you step by step but I kind of forget, I know there is bolts on top under the little rubber mat on the dash and a couple under in front of the shifter. You have to pull the chrome piece around the shifter out and the grey cover around the shifter.

I’ll post up a pic on the handles but I don’t have any on the dash. I may do it again, just a carbon fibre wrap this time though.

Awesome! any photos would help! still working up the idea of either which color to do the interior to either really make it pop or just get rid of the chrome because it blinds people when the sun hits it.

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
EC7CABEC-9DB1-4287-98F5-8BCE5A869318.jpeg AC0188B9-036D-4B48-92DC-D19D4AECF755.jpeg
Awesome! any photos would help! still working up the idea of either which color to do the interior to either really make it pop or just get rid of the chrome because it blinds people when the sun hits it.
I just have the front and rear door handles right now but will be taking those off as well.
I’m going with carbon fibre wrap. On my to do list.

67121124-D659-4804-A117-FF340BC0482B.jpeg