Rough country Speed calibrator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Been thinking of getting a speed calibrator ever since i went with the 20's..

but always saw the price as extreme for such a simple tool. A tool that would probably be used 1-2 maybe 3 times

2-3 hundred dollars? wtf.. lol

Anyway during my searching, i saw that rough country has ventured in to this market... they have wrangler and silverado compatible models now.. so i figured i would ask about them making a 4th gen ram 1500 compatible model.. good news, i was told 2 weeks and the price will start at 139.99 with free shipping..

since im new to the truck scene, I wanted to ask you guys if you would consider it..

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
So this is something that will work with the new locked pcms ?

I am interested for sure, going to 35s my speedo is going to be off and Iam sure the dealer will charge close to that just for doing it once.

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
was told testing on 14-15 have been positive and that 16-17 will be tested in the coming 2 weeks.. fingers crossed

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
14s and earlier should have no issues, 15 is when they started doing all the fun stuff to the PCMs lol. I picked up a hypertech unit off another forum for super cheap and it worked just fine. I was also sticker shocked at the new models being 2-3 hundred buck which is why I searched out a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
14s and earlier should have no issues, 15 is when they started doing all the fun stuff to the PCMs lol. I picked up a hypertech unit off another forum for super cheap and it worked just fine. I was also sticker shocked at the new models being 2-3 hundred buck which is why I searched out a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

personally im hoping it al works out.. much rather spend 140 than 300.. then advertise on craigs for 20 bucks to calibrate your 4th gen ram 1500.. lol