EVIC display setup (7-inch)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New owner of a 2014 Ram 1500 (and loving it so far)...

So I was reading the owner's manual (I know, right? Who does that?). The section about setting up the four corner items in the EVIC display says that I can set each of them to any of the following items:

• None
  • Compass
  • Outside Temp
  • Trans Temp
  • Oil Temp
  • Time
  • Range To Empty
  • Average MPG
  • Current MPG
  • Trip A
  • Trip B
  • Trailer Trip (Distance Only)
  • Trailer Brake Gain

But when I try to set this in my truck, Trans Temp and Oil Temp are missing from the available choices. I would like to have my EVIC display Trans Temp and Oil Temp in the bottom left and right corners of the display so I can keep an eye on them.

For now, I've set the custom gauges to display Trans and Oil temp instead, but that just shows a graphic display, and not the actual temperature in degrees, so it's less useful; and besides I'd like to use the custom gauges for something else, so this is not ideal.

I'm just wondering if there's a software update that I don't have. Can somebody look at theirs and tell me if you have Trans Temp and Oil Temp as available choices?

I'm a software geek, and there's an old saying in my field that any time there's a discrepancy between the software and the documentation, assume the software is correct and the documentation is wrong - that may be the case here - I just want to make sure I'm not missing an update that might enable this, because it would be really useful to me if so.

Thanks.
:favorites13:

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can only set those to the side gauges and not the numerical fields. I didn't look at my manual, but I don't believe you are able to get them as numbers in the corners. There is a whole main screen option to show all the temps, that is what I use when I am towing.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just looked and I don't have them listed in the choices on my 7" EVIC either.....

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 2014 didn't have a well delineated gauge for those two measurements, just a graphic display with a range arc (no numbers) an upper limit (represented by a bar) and a solid graphic that raised and lowered within the arc with no numbers.

My 2017 is the same way. My Edge CTS2, however, gives me actual numbers for both.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
5+ years late...but each area only has a specific list of what you can display so you don't have carte blanche of all the options in every position. Also, each option only has one way it is displayed in that location.

There is a laundry list of combinations but, as is always the case, something you want isn't always there (or how you want to see it). Seems like they had a limited file size for the display software or hit the deadline and had to install the software and go to production.

Last edited: