Dead Door Syndrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
My left rear door is dead, no lock, speaker, or window. It's most likely the severed wire issue. My question is, for those that have experienced this, is the problem in the rubber boot between the pillar and the door, and will the damage be obvious?

OP
OP
hotkarl

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Done. Evidently this happened before, when I pulled the harness/boot apart there were repairs done(poorly, wires twisted together and taped).
Got everything working again but they must have crossed the window wire because up is down and down is up. Didn't realize til it was all back together. I had taken the button off the door panel while testing. The window hadn't worked since I bought the truck, so I had no idea it was backwards. Gotta pull it apart again and figure it out one of these days but whatever, I'm just glad it's all working again at all. It's nice having the speaker work again and not having to manually lock and unlock the one door.