First detail on my new Ram BigHorn crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have ever seen or talked to one of the dealership "expert" detailers you would understand why they do much more damage than good to your truck. There are exceptions to this however they are few and far between. In many cases it looks like they use steel wool instead of microfiber!!!!! When I picked up my new truck I told the dealership, "Don't even touch it, no wash, no wax no nothing, I'll do it myself".
Jay

OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Me too!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have ever seen or talked to one of the dealership "expert" detailers you would understand why they do much more damage than good to your truck. There are exceptions to this however they are few and far between. In many cases it looks like they use steel wool instead of microfiber!!!!! When I picked up my new truck I told the dealership, "Don't even touch it, no wash, no wax no nothing, I'll do it myself".
Jay
I tried that with my car; "I want the white plastic left on; DON'T TOUCH THE F'N THING".
I pulled in to pick it up as a teenager was soaping it with a dirty sponge. I almost cried.

Turck looks great! How'd you get to hang out with the creator of the product??

OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
He is a close friend of mine. He makes some high quality stuff. He is good old boy that doesn't F people over with crappie stuff. Been using his stuff for years.

Side note, I always put a Flynns sticker on all my vehicles and after I waxed the Ram I went to put the sticker on and the damn thing wouldn't stick. I had to use some Think Green (multi-purpose degreaser/cleaner) to get the wax off so it would stick. It's some good ****.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah - I would rather them just leave it to me to clean. Both my Challenger and my Ram came off the lot below my standard for cleaning.

OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What do I need to clay my Ram?

If you buy from the guy I get my stuff from then you will need the Clay bar and Clay spray. You can cut the bar into 4-5 pieces so you can clay 4-5 different times. The smaller bottle of clay spray will probably only last 1-2 vehicles depending on how dirty your truck and other vehicles are. You use a good bit of the clay spray to allow the clay bar to slide over the surface smoothly. I usually just buy a clay bar and 1 gallon of clay spray. After you clay make sure you either polish and wax or just wax. You need to seal up your paint after you clay.

Call my buddy Steve Flynn. 770-714-8656. That number is his direct line. He will get you what you need to make your truck look bad ass. Tell him Matt with the Red Ram truck told you to call. You will not be disappointed.

Smaller bottle of clay spray and a clay bar combo
CLAY BAR KIT (1quart & 1bar 8oz)

1 Gallon of clay spray
CLAY SPRAY - 1 gallon

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cutting the clay bar into pieces is great advice. Thanks for sharing.

I've learned in the Mother's Clay Kit (the only I've bought for years) the spray is the mist wax.

OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Flynns definitely isn't a mist wax. It's a contamination releasing spray. Helps loosen the dirty and other contaminates from the clear coat. Works awesome and smells like juicy fruit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Been raining all night and will probably be raining all day. I tell you this because the water is just falling off my truck. I love fresh wax on a new vehicle. Beads beautifully.

OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Rain finally stopped. Truck looks like I just wanted it.

OP
OP
MK12RAM

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Rain finally stopped. Truck looks like I just washed it.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck knows I wanted it too LOL

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
that sure made that red pop!

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You should take the back of your hand and rub it lightly on the paint. If its smooth as glass then you dont need to claybar. All the claybar does is remove contaminants from the clear coat. If its taking paint off then you should take it back to the dealer because there isn't any clear coat on your truck and you got screwed. If it is smooth just get some Meguires ultimate wash and wax and after washing it apply a coat of Collinites #845 and you wont need to wax it for another 10 washes.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You should take the back of your hand and rub it lightly on the paint. If its smooth as glass then you dont need to claybar. All the claybar does is remove contaminants from the clear coat. If its taking paint off then you should take it back to the dealer because there isn't any clear coat on your truck and you got screwed. If it is smooth just get some Meguires ultimate wash and wax and after washing it apply a coat of Collinites #845 and you wont need to wax it for another 10 washes.

I agree totally the clear is what protects the paint from clay bar going to far and I also agree rail dust is very likely on a new rig.

usmfan789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Jay

That ain't no joke man I bought my Laramie longhorn in June not a spot the detailed it on pickup day and a white scratch in the passenger door then they had the nerve to put that cheap ass touch up paint to fix it that's what I get for believing they would fix it the right way