04 with infinity ... to ... double din head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok ... so as the title says ... i have a 2004 ram with the infinity system. i want to convert to a double din unit so im wondering do i need to use the same wiring harness parts that are listed in the sticky maddog wrote ? the reason i ask is i looked up the parts he listed and they are listed for a 2005 and newer but not my 2004. so do i need the same wiring parts to use my factory amp and also my steering controls ?? also ... if the stereo says it comes with steering wheel control wiring does that mean i can eliminate that part in the sticky ?? thanks all ..... scott

SilRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the wiring harness you can go to bestbuy and just tell them your make and model and that you have the factory infinity system and they will be able to get a harness for you, thats what i did and it works great. As for the steering wheel control, im not to sure about it because my truck doesnt have them. Hope this helps!

whitehemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I put a dbl din pioneer in my 04 worked great with aftermarket wiring harness for about 6 months lol. I am in Canada and ordered the harness for an 05 mine works great now