1 Year Anniversary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One year ago today I made the leap from a life of GM to a new 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman. It has been the best year of my life. I've been racking up the miles. It had 26 on the odometer when I bought it and it's now just over 25,000. I have enjoyed every second of driving. I don't even get road rage that bad anymore. :gunner: So far I haven't had any problems. My only complaints are that if you unlock the door with the key the alarm goes off and the automatic headlights are super sensitive. They go on and off frequently as the sun is setting. The fuel mileage isn't as good as I was hoping for, but it's a freekin Hemi:rocking: My best was 18.3 and my worst was 7.9 while pulling my 6800 lb. camper. My overall average is 14.2. Most of the miles are interstate. I still can't believe how comfortable the truck is. I can drive for 4 hours and not even be stiff or sore. The best part is being able to lay down a couple of black marks whenever I want. Sorry for rambling on but damn I love my truck.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the separate standard key is just made to unlock the tailgate or in case you lock the main ignition key in your truck. But glad you like the truck!

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've only had mine for a month now but wish my commute was longer so I could be in it more often

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 months tomorrow with mine. I went from a lifetime of Fords to one Chevy to RAM. I don't ever see myself changing back to the previous.

How could you ever lock the main fob in the truck? That is my only peeve. Can't lock it to let it get warm in the morning.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8 months tomorrow with mine. I went from a lifetime of Fords to one Chevy to RAM. I don't ever see myself changing back to the previous.

How could you ever lock the main fob in the truck? That is my only peeve. Can't lock it to let it get warm in the morning.

Well it'll lock if the truck isn't running or the key isn't in the ignition, like you can lock it if you leave the key in the seat. Or push down every door pin manually with it running

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Glad to hear you are happy. Congrats on the one year. I hope there are many more to come!

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Had to manually lock it on my 05 if it was running as well, but it would unlock with a FOB.

OP
OP
blrmkrl83

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I leave my 2nd fob in the center console. I have the truck set so that only the drivers door unlocks when you open it. When I want to leave in running I just grab the 2nd fob and manually lock the door when I get out. I don't always carry my main fob with me, but I do always carry a key. It's just annoying that if I'm outside and want to get something out of the truck I have to run back in the house and unlock it. That and it's my truck and if I don't want to have an alarm I shouldn't have to.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love seeing posts like this, it makes me so glad I bought the Ram. I came over from a Ford and I couldn't be happier (granted, I've only had the truck for about 4 days now). In a year from now I'm definitely going to be writing a similar post. The Hemi is amazing and I can't believe all the features the truck has, not to mention how freakin' comfortable the ride is!! I can definitely say I'm in love haha