'17 ED CEL: "Cold start exhaust temp too low"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I go to head out this morning and within 5min of driving, I have this CEL pop up. Truck is running fine, just have the CEL. Outside temp this morning was 29F...so not really all that cold (It was definitely warmer than a few temps we've hit here lately, I've never seen this before and I've ran the truck in temps below zero) Anyway, driving around today, the CEL won't clear, outside temp is now 43F. I have some stops for work and no matter what, it wouldn't clear. I happened to be out near a dealership, so I popped in and had them check it out, the exact readout was:

pending-Cold start exhaust temperature too low

He asks me if the truck went into limp-mode, I told him no. He told me it was 50/50 if it was going to do that on me at this point as this is some sort of pre condition reading. I told him I'd get with my dealer and send it there if necessary and left. Truck ran fine back t my shop...but the CEL is still there.

Anyone deal with this on their truck?

(BTW...mine is a 2017 built in 11/17 with <2500 miles on it.)