2006 seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Scotguard works well too.. I had my 07 1500 with cloth scotch guaded and things wiped up well.

But ya, the leather in my 06, although I feel it has a vynil look to it, rocks the cloth.

OP
OP
R

Ridgeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shampoo seats and dryed evenly. Than wiped with cloth. They look great! Now il cover them with good seat covers And never have to do this again lol

Black06ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
old topic, but I was searching the forums for a solution/remedy and this topic fit the best. Yea, I've had my ram for about a year, 2006 QC with grey cloth seats. Since it's my daily driver it is almost inevitable that a touch of liquid will land on the seat.. I get that.. What I was very surprised about is even if a bit of rain, or a drip of condensation falls off a drink container and lands on the seat fabric.. it will make a stain!. That's crazy! Had some rain come in one day when I was stuck away at work and had the windows cracked and now all seats have a water-mark on them. What I did to fix it was use some fabric cleaner to get the whole seat pad wet and basically extend/blend the stain across the whole seat. Odd approach, but after reading some posts across this forum and other sites...looks like this is the only option; aside from swapping out seats (not doing that). Bummer.. what happened to the interior testing when Dodge built these 2006's ?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If they are all cloth, pull the covers off and put them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. I did this with mine. Came out great, got rid of the stains and fart smells.

FroggyMcNasty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just replaced my seats with seats from an 08. Not only do I think they look better but they have Yes! Essenstials seat covers. They are almost stain and smell resistant.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Black06ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
thanks guys, definitely something to look into and put on the list of project upgrades

Mlarv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If they are all cloth, pull the covers off and put them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. I did this with mine. Came out great, got rid of the stains and fart smells.

Is the upholstery held in with hog rings or some other way? Mine are really bad and I thought about pulling them and doing the same thing. I have the hog ring pliers I just don't have rings right now. While they are out I might just add a seat heater to them.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is the upholstery held in with hog rings or some other way? Mine are really bad and I thought about pulling them and doing the same thing. I have the hog ring pliers I just don't have rings right now. While they are out I might just add a seat heater to them.

No hog rings, they are VERY easy to take apart. Do a google search for 'Driver's side seat foam problems? I have the cure!', can't link other places here. This will also show you how to turn your seat cushion into pillowtop goodness.